We represent people accused of DUI (Driving Under the Influence) in Superior Court and at the DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles). We have offices in Marin (San Rafael) and San Francisco, with a majority of our cases in Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and the Wine Country.
With over 28 years experience, Aaron Bortel is one of the only Attorneys in the Bay Area that dedicates his criminal law practice exclusively to fighting for the rights of those accused of Driving Under the Influence. We represent clients on misdemeanor and felony DUI charges. Often those charges can include hit and run, driving on a suspended license, driving under the influence of marijuana or prescription or legal/illegal drugs, speeding and other California Vehicle Code violations.
Our cases include under 21 DUI, zero tolerance and Drunk Driving probation violations. We conduct Administrative Per Se (APS) hearings for clients on most DUI cases.
Once hired we contact the DMV for our clients to request and later conduct the Administrative Per Se DMV Hearings. While the Court and DMV cases are going on in most instances our clients can remain driving, usually for many months. A loss of license will usually only occur if there is a DUI Conviction in Court or a DMV Hearing Suspension occurs after the APS Hearing.
Our years of experience with DMV have helped many clients save or regain their licenses after being accused of DUI, Lack of Skill, Negligent Operator, and Physical and Mental issues. In many cases we are able to take care of all the Court and DMV appearances without the client needing to attend.
We have helped clients with Bay Area DUI arrests who do not live in the Bay Area. Many of our clients live in Southern CA, out of State or outside the US. Many of our clients have professional licenses and we have helped guide them from day one on what needs to happen to maintain those licenses.
We offer a Free Consultation and you can contact us 24/7.
- University of California - Santa Barbara
- B.A. | Law and Society
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- J.D. | Law
- Law Firm of Aaron Bortel
- DUI Defense, MCLE lecture
- DUI's, FST's, Breath Machines, Medical defenses and other related DMV topics. Demonstrations conducted on unreliability of Alco Sensor IV breath machine and problems with other alcohol detecting breath devices.
- DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing, DWI Detection and Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Certificate of Completion - Mastering Scientific Evidence in DUI
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association and NCDD
- National College for DUI Defense
- California DUI Lawyers Association
- California State Bar # 160288
- - Current
- State Bar of California
- ID Number: 160288
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- DUI & DWI
- English: Spoken, Written