My practice concentration is in writing patent applications. I write patent specifications with the possibility of future litigations in mind. Examples of my patent technology fields include software, electronic, telecommunications, semiconductors, Internet-of-Things, medical devices, smart phones application, data encryption, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, virtualization, medical devices, eCommerce, and mechanical devices.
I have also prepared numerous office action responses and appeal briefs in the U.S. and other jurisdictions, including European Patent Office (EPO), Japan, China, Taiwan, Korea, Australia, India, Indonesia, Israel, Brazil, Singapore, Russia, and Canada.
I am very responsive to clients' inquiries and easy to get along with. I am used to do heavy lifting for tough assignments.
My education background is J.D. from Loyola Law School, Los Angeles; Ph.D. in Computer Science from UCLA; and M.S. in Electrical Engineering from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
I am member of State Bar of California and a patent attorney registered to practice before the US Patent and Trademark Office.
Before practicing law, I worked in aerospace, medical instrumentation, entertainment, and banking industries. I worked in software and electronic fields in managerial as well as design and development positions.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- J.D. (1998) | Law
- University of California - Los Angeles
- Ph.D. (1987) | Computer Science
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
- M.S. (1978) | Electrical Engineering
- Patent Attorney and Founder
- Makoui LAw
- - Current
- Patent Attorney and Partner
- Adeli LLP
- Patent Attorney
- Law Offices of Ali Makoui
- ALI, A CSSL/Multiprocessor Software Interface
- Simulation Magazine
- Software Interface for Multiprocessor Simulation
- Computer Science Department, University of California
- Data Flow Methods for Dynamic System Simulation: A CSSL-IV Microcomputer Network Interface
- Proceedings of the 15th Annual Summer Computer Simulation Conference, Vancouver, Canada, pp. 376-382
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Free Consultation
- English: Spoken, Written