Amy Lee Lipman-WhiteDealing with Debt and Protecting Assets
- Bankruptcy, Consumer Law, Real Estate Law ...
For thirty years, I have established myself as an advocate for individuals and couples who live with the extreme stress of overwhelming debt and face possible bankruptcy, and I assist them in gaining back control over their finances. The hallmark of what makes me better and different is that I understand all sides of what financial distress entails, as well as the emotions and psychology that threaten to undermine my clients’ peace of mind.
Conversely, I also represent creditors, and this has consistently been a large part of my law practice from the beginning. This puts me in a unique position to protect the interests of each client. My creditor work has taught me one of life’s most valuable lessons: Even after every effort has been made to hang on in the worst of times, always treat each party with dignity and respect. Some of the most successful people have filed bankruptcy. Successful people remain loyal to creditors who treated them with respect when times were at its worst. My creditor clients know and appreciate this about me, because they understand retention is key and that lasting relationships are forever, and although one business may have failed the next might be hugely successful.
Pro bono volunteer work is important to me. With the COVID-19 outbreak, my practice saw an unprecedented increase of clients facing these very same bankruptcy concerns. Every situation is distressing and I was pleased to assist my clients to safeguard their assets.
Speaking engagements for diverse audiences such as creditors, high school students, and those going through a divorce are also included in my pro bono activities. I am affiliated with Vested Academics, a company that works with high school students to understand student loans. VESTA Divorce services those in divorce proceedings, who need help, as well as reassurance, in rebuilding their financial lives with a positive view of their future ahead.
- Suffolk University Law School
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- B.A. | Communication and Media Studies
- Boston Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Boston Bar Association Pro Bono Bankruptcy Committee COVID-19 Response Sub-Section
- - Current
- Activities: Serving as the secretary for this newly-founded, timely, and important group within the Boston Bar Association, our mission is to enlist the participation of other bankruptcy attorneys, and to plan for and serve the needs of those who will experience severe financial distress as a result of this pandemic.
- Massachusetts State Bar  # 559230
- - Current
- US Bankruptcy Court First Circuit - Massachusetts
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
- Consumer Law
- Class Action, Lemon Law
- Real Estate Law
- Homeowners Association, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate
- Foreclosure Defense
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Tenants' Rights
- Law Office of Lipman & White