Free Consultation: (239) 770-7910Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ana S. Mendieta

Ana S. Mendieta

The Mendieta Law Firm, PLLC
  • Immigration Law
  • Florida, Honduras
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

Ana S. Mendieta graduated with a Degree in Law from the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de Honduras. Soon after graduation she worked for the Department of Justice in Honduras, serving as a Special Agent under the supervision of the Attorney General. There, she led investigations, which resulted in the prosecution of a number of individuals involved in various types of criminal activity, ranging from violent crimes to white-collar crime. After a successful tenure with the Office of the Attorney General, Ms. Mendieta moved on to the Supreme Court of Justice of Honduras where she served as a clerk to the Chief Justice and as the Executive Director of the Judicial Gazette of the Supreme Court. Through these positions, Ms. Mendieta compiled, edited, and published the first yearly judicial and administrative report of the Supreme Court to be published during Congressional meeting. Ms. Mendieta also edited and published the Judicial Gazette, which comprised briefs and decisions dealing with new Rules of Law as well as other topics of national interest, from those relating to judicial reforms taking place in Honduras to those dealing with women's and children's rights and the newly established Code of criminal procedures.
In the United States, Ms. Mendieta served as a volunteer for the Florida Guardian Ad Litem Program for the 20th Judicial Circuit in Collier County, Florida. As an officer of the court, she was appointed to represent the best interest of the child in dependency hearings. Being a multilingual advocate, many of the children represented were the progeny of immigration center detainees. Realizing that the amount of aid she was able to provide to the children and their families was limited – due to her status as a volunteer – Ms. Mendieta decided to pursue a law degree in the United States, which she obtained from the Ave Maria School of Law, in Naples, Florida and her License as an Attorney and Counselor at Law from the Florida Supreme Court of Justice.

Ave Maria School of Law
J.D. (2016) | Law
Ave Maria School of Law Logo
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Honduras
J.D. (1993) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Immigration Attorney
The Mendieta Law Firm, PLLC
- Current
Certified Legal Internship
Legal Aid of Collier County
Immigration and Nationality Law
Directora de la Gazeta Judicial de la Corte Suprema de Justicia
Poder Judicial de Honduras
Editor in Chief of the quarterly Judicial Publication
Agente Especial
Procuraduria General de la Republica de Honduras
Pretrial research and investigation
St. Francis Cabrini Award
Ave Maria School of Law
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0127587
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Collier County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Area
    Immigration Law
    Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
  • English: Spoken, Written
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Visa extension denied, assuming that we get a NTA, can we take voluntary departure before the court hearing?
A: Assuming you get an NTA and a Notice of Hearing before an Immigration Judge, and you can provide for your transportation and fulfil the requirements as required by law [INA § 240B(a)], then the Immigration Judge may grant you a voluntary departure period of not more than 120 days from the time of your hearing (MCH). The requirements you must meet are the following: 1. You must waive all other requests for relief, remember voluntary departure is a form of relief from deportation; 2. Must must also concede removability, ie, accept that you are here illegally and are removable; 3. Also, you must waive appeal of all immigration issues; 4. You must not have been convicted of an aggravated felony and you must not be a security risk to the U.S.; 5. and, Show that you intend adn have the financial ability to provide for transportation back home. As always, I strongly suggest you consult with an experienced Immigration attorney in your area. There are always details that you might not consider important which might be determinant in your particular case. Wish you luck.
Q. Can I get a drivers permit with a -765 approval letter in Florida
A: Form I-765 is used to Apply for Employment Authorization Required Documents at the DMV in Florida are: • For Valid/expired Employment Authorization Document (EAD) with I-797 for I-765 indicating application prior to expiration of EAD or • For customers applying for first-time EADs, an I-797 for I-765 indicating application prior to expiration date of an I-94 or other USCIS-approved document must be presented. The length of DL/ID Issuance is One year from date of driver license or identification card issuance. So, If you have your I-797 approving your I-765 which you applied prior to the expiration of your current EAD, you should be able to get a Florida Driver's License. Remember, you must show you filed your renewal before your EAD card expired. Be sure to take your EAD, SSC, FLDL, and a valid passport. Good Luck,
Q. i have political asylum from venezuela. my wife is citizen, what form do i need to complete? i-130 or i-485 or both?
A: Dear Writer, You write: "I have political asylum from Venezuela" (?). May I assume you filed Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal with USCIS and that you are a national and citizen of Venezuela. I am also assuming, you are now married to a USC. You can complete and file concurrently both forms, I-130 and I-485, along with all other required documents. May I strongly suggest you hire a well known immigration attorney to help you with, what seems a simple, adjustment of status case. Think of it as an investment on your life. Wish you the best, Ana S. Mendieta, Esq.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Immigration and Nationality Law Attorney
11983 Tamiami Trail North
Ste. 134
Naples, FL 34110
Telephone: (239) 770-7910
Cell: (239) 770-7910
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Saturdays and Sundays by appointment only.