Andrew H. “Andy” Hook is the president of Hook Law Center, where he practices in the areas of elder law, estate and trust administration, estate, tax, retirement and financial planning, long-term care planning, asset protection planning, special needs planning, business succession planning and personal injury settlement consulting.
A 1975 graduate of the University of Virginia School of Law, Mr. Hook is a Fellow of the American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (ACTEC), and a Fellow of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA). Mr. Hook is certified as an Elder Law Attorney (CELA) by the National Elder Law Foundation. Mr. Hook is also a Certified Financial Planner professional, and an accredited attorney for the preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims for veterans benefits before the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Since 2006, Mr. Hook has been named by Virginia Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in Virginia. The Super Lawyers designation is bestowed upon the top 5% of lawyers in each state as chosen by their peers and through the independent research of Law & Politics.
Mr. Hook is a former President of the Special Needs Alliance, a nationwide network of disability attorneys, a former Director of NAELA, and a former editor in chief of the NAELA Journal. Mr. Hook is the author of the BNA Tax Management Portfolio on Durable Powers of Attorney, a co-author of “Representing the Elderly and Disabled Client” published by RIA, and a co-author of the Elder Law Column for “Estate Planning Magazine” published by RIA.
Mr. Hook has been awarded the designation of an Accredited Estate Planner by the National Association of Estate Planners and Councils.
- University of Virginia School of Law
- J.D. | Juris Doctor
- University of Virginia
- B.S. | Nuclear Engineering with High Distinction
- Founder and President
- Hook Law Center
- - Current
- Founding Partner
- Oast & Hook
- BNA Portfolio on Durable Powers of Attorney
- Elder Law Column for the Estate Planning Magazine
- (co-authored with Thomas Begley Jr.)
- Interactive Legal Elder Law & Special Needs
- Representing the Elderly or Disabled Client
- RIA (co-authored with Thomas Begley Jr.)
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Adviser Law Examination
- North American Securities Administrator Association, also known as NASAA.
- Life and Health Insurance Agent
- State Corporation Commission Bureau of Insurance
- Certified Elder Law Attorney
- National Elder Law Foundation
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER
- Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Certified Elder Law Attorney
- Credit Cards Accepted
All Major Credit Cards
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
It is our job to help you navigate the complex issues and questions you may have about your long term needs, your estate, benefits, and care. At Hook Law Center, we place special emphasis on providing clear, accurate, and timely counsel. We want you to be informed about our fees and costs and are happy to provide you with a written explanation of our services and anticipated costs before we begin any work on your behalf. Please contact us with any questions you may have about our services or costs.
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury Settlement Consulting
- Asset Protection Planning
- Special Needs Planning
- Financial Planning
- Estate and Trust Administration
- Long-term Care Planning