Angela McIlveen is the CEO and Co-Founder of McIlveen Family Law Firm.
The first thing you will notice when you meet Angela McIlveen is that she genuinely cares about her clients and the clients of the Firm.
Maybe it’s because she remembers going through her parents’ nasty divorce when she was 6 years old. Angela knows that her parents' divorce impacted her life. Angela McIlveen remembers growing up with her dad when kids didn’t grow up with their fathers and she says it definitely shaped her life. In case you are wondering, no her mom wasn’t a bad person. Her dad just had the best attorney in town.
She also has the unique perspective of having gone through her own custody trial and having sat in the witness seat in court. She knows how crazy going through a divorce or custody lawsuit can make you, Angela knows how painful it is to have your life torn apart.
Angela's colleagues say that she's aggressive. But Angela McIlveen says that she's just passionate about her clients. Whether Angela is in or out of the courtroom, she gives it her all.
Since graduating from law school, Angela McIlveen has focused her practice exclusively on litigation including discovery, court motion hearings, deposition, trial, mediation, and appeals. As a partner at the McIlveen Law Firm, Angela McIlveen handles cases in family law including child custody and support, divorce, alimony, adoption, separation, domestic violence, and equitable distribution.
The firm has four offices: Charlotte, NC, Gastonia, NC, Raleigh, NC, and Greenville, SC. The firm handles cases in Charlotte, Concord, Gastonia, Hickory, Lenoir, Lincolnton, Mathews, Monroe, Shelby, and Statesville. And the Raleigh office serves clients in Durham, Cary, Raleigh, and surrounding cities. The Greenville office services Greenville, York, Anderson, and surrounding cities.
When Angela is not full speed ahead in the courtroom and running a growing law practice, she loves spending time with her family.
- Case Western Reserve University
- Lenoir-Rhyne College
- Partner Attorney
- McIlveen Family Law Firm
- - Current
- Partner Attorney - Family Law in Charlotte and Gastonia NC
- The North Carolina Divorce Guidebook
- Word Association Publishers
- Building an Inc. 5000 Law Firm, Lawyernomics, Las Vegas, NV
- Angela McIlveen spoke a the Avvo Lawyernomics conference on Building an Inc. 5000 Law Firm
- NON-TRADITIONAL FAMILY STRUCTURES AND PATERNITY DISPUTES, Advanced Divorce Law, Charlotte
- Angela McIlveen spoke on Non Traditional Family Law Structures and Paternity
- Value and Dividing Complex Assets, Advanced Divorce Law, Charlotte
- Angela McIlveen spoke on advanced divorce law.
- Failure to Obtain and Interpret all Financial Documents, Divorce Law: Common Mistakes in Dividing Assets, Raleigh
- Angela McIlveen spoke on common mistakes in Divorce when you fail to obtain financial documents.
- North Carolina State Bar
- - Current
- North Carolina
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Family Law
- Domestic Violence
- English: Spoken, Written