Angela Peters

Angela Peters

Buffalo Grove Law Offices
  • Divorce, Family Law, Juvenile Law ...
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Buffalo Grove Law Offices is committed to helping you through the difficult and overwhelming issues that arise from getting a divorce or dealing with the other complications related to family law. Located in Arlington Heights, IL, this law firm assists clients from the northwest suburbs of Chicago, including Mount Prospect, Prospect Heights, Elk Grove Village, Schaumburg, Rolling Meadows, Buffalo Grove, and Wheeling. Attorney Angela F. Peters has over 25 years of practical legal experience assisting her in providing her clients with the most effective, compassionate, and reliable legal assistance available. Practice areas include divorce, paternity and father's rights, post-decree issues, mediation and arbitration, child custody, child support, spousal maintenance, property division, adoption, orders of protection, military divorce law, and other family law matters such as parenting plans, debt and divorce, stepparent rights, grandparent rights, and pet ownership. Outside of family law, Peters can assist individuals in matters such as criminal law, animal law, real estate law, wills, probate, guardianship, and general civil law.

Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Practice Areas
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Juvenile Law
    Animal & Dog Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    International Law
    Human Rights, Imports & Exports
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
Legal Answers
Q. girlfriend and I broke up. Have 2 kids and lived together and supported. Now kicked out and is threatening back support?
A: You should meet with an attorney to discuss your case. You need to be named the father in a court order to best protect yourself. If you have been supporting the children, you may not owe any back support. It all friends on the facts.
Q. How do I go about finding out financial information regarding my child’s father?
A: I don't know if you are working with an attorney or not, and I don't know if you are married with him or not. I would suggest that you should consult with an attorney, either a private attorney or the State's Attorney.
Q. My childs father and I have our kid 50/50. Do I legally have a say in who can and can't be around her when he has her?
A: I dont know if you have already been to court. Perhaps you have children together and are not married, perhaps you are married. You don't tell us this information.

If you feel that there are negative effects on your children if certain people are around them, yes it is a good idea that your children are not near those people.

If the father does not agree with you that it is negative on the children, you will need to have a Judge order it.

A Judge may or may not agree with you. It depends on the facts of how it affects the children.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Buffalo Grove Law Offices
3325 North Arlington Heights Road
Suite 500
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Telephone: (847) 222-9429
Cell: (847) 772-8579
Fax: (847) 559-1120