Bambi Faivre Walters is committed to protecting and promoting of the ideas, products, logos, services, creative works and other assets of each client. Ms. Walters serves on the Board of Directors for the United Inventors Association, a nonprofit organization with over 10,000 innovative members and on the Board of Directors for several nonprofits working with rising entertainers and artists. As an attorney, Ms. Walters believes that law is only part of the equation for success and that building a credible support network and identifying reliable resources is another part of the equation.
Ms. Walters is a registered patent attorney having prosecuted over 800 foreign and domestic patent and trademarks applications. She is admitted to the North Carolina State Bar. Ms. Walters is pending re-admission with the Louisiana State Bar with an outstanding need to update her CLE reporting. She is a member of numerous professional and business organizations including Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Lawyers Association, Hampton Roads Technology Council, Virginia Inventors Forum, International Trademark Assocaition (INTA), and various state bar Intellectual Property law sections. Ms. Walters served as in-house patent counsel to Corning and as a patent associate to Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP.
Prior to establishing an active intellectual property practice, Bambi Faivre Walters was a product liability associate with McGlinchey Stafford in New Orleans, Louisiana and extensively worked with electrical and mechanical engineers at Ford Motor Company, Toyota Motor Corporation, DaimlerChrysler Corporation, Caterpillar Incorporated, and Bovie electrocautery manufacturers and suppliers. From 1988-1992, Ms. Walters was an engineer with the United States Naval Sea Support Services for the Atlantic Fleet (NAVSEACENLANT) and provided engineering and maintenance support for Atlantic fleet ships including support for LM2500 engines, motor controllers, aircraft and weapons elevators, and various radar systems.
Bambi Faivre Walters received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Tulane in 1997 and her B.S. in Systems Engineering with a minor in Environmental and Water Resource Systems from the University of Virginia in 1992. She is a Virginia licensed general contractor with added certifications in environmental and energy efficiency specialties.
- Tulane Law School
- J.D. (1997)
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude, Order of Coif.
- University of Virginia
- B.S. Systems Engineering with a minor in environmental and water. (1992)
- Managing Attorney
- Bambi Faivre Walters, PC Patent & Trademark Attorney
- - Current
- Founded in 2002, Bambi Faivre Walters, PC is proud to be a Native American, woman-owned legal services firm committed to protecting and promoting of the ideas, products, logos, services, creative works and other assets of each client. In 2007, 2008 and 2009, we received top awards as a diversified business at the national and the state levels in Virginia and North Carolina. We are a certified US SBA 8(a), WOSDB law firm (DUNS 626671486) and are certified by Virginia (SWaM 673427) and verified by North Carolina (HUB). Our law firm is proud to service United States agencies and offices through GSA Schedule GS-23-0030V for legal and strategic business services. Most important, we are blessed by the success of our clients, our families, our communities and our colleagues. Thank you!
- Patent Counsel
- Corning Cable Systems, Inc
- Patent Associate
- Kilpatrick Stockton, LLP
- Associate Attorney
- McGlinchey Stafford
- Entertainment & Sports
- Intellectual Property