Free Consultation: (336) 310-5516Tap to Call This Lawyer
Ben Corcoran

Ben Corcoran

Benjamin J Corcoran, PLLC
  • Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Traffic Tickets ...
  • North Carolina
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

I am a local attorney with a focus on real estate, landlord-tenant, and wills and estates. But I can and will take any matter that arises should you need me, if I do not feel comfortable in handling your matter I will do my best to find you a lawyer that is.

I live in Yadkin County and am raising my family here. I have served in the Army since 2004 and have deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan during my time in service. After completing my active service I attended UNC-Greensboro and then Wake Forest School of Law, and have continued to serve as a member of the Army Reserves.

Wake Forest University School of Law
J.D. (2018) | Law
Activities: Trial Team
Placeholder image for education.
University of North Carolina - Greensboro
B.A. (2014) | Political Science
Honors: Cum Laude, University Marshall
University of North Carolina - Greensboro Logo
Professional Experience
Benjamin J Corcoran, PLLC
- Current
US Army JAG Corps
- Current
Professional Associations
Yadkin County Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
North Carolina State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Yadkin County Bar Association
Vice President
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
North Carolina
North Carolina State Bar
ID Number: 53430
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    A consultation that will generally last 30-60 minutes
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    My normal hourly rate is $200-250
Practice Areas
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
    Traffic Tickets
    Suspended License
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. How do I find out the P.oA of an inmate? The inmate is detained in Anson Correctional
A: The inmate may have their PoA on file at the local register of deeds, however, most PoAs are not recorded unless necessary. Additionally, it is very likely that no PoA exists for the inmate. The only way to know for sure is to ask the inmate themselves.
Q. NC registered mobile home has 2 -1st lien holders on title. 1 died. Will this add his 6 beneficiaries as additl 1st LH
A: Without seeing your grandparents will and getting a full timeline together of when the events took place I can't answer your question with any specificity. However, my thoughts are that you should probably try and get everyone to sign.
Q. If you was given a home to stay in and they said they could never give you the land but I would never be put out
A: You can do several things; you can sue to have an injunction issued that would prevent you from being evicted. You would have to convince the judge that you were told this by one of the owners. The second thing you can do is sue for unjust enrichment, basically saying that you have increased the home's value by $15,000 and it was not intended to be a gift. I would advise hiring a lawyer to assist you for both of these options, as they are more complicated than the average lawsuit.
View More Answers
Social Media
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Corcoran Law NC
129 W. Main St
Yadkinville, NC 27055
Telephone: (336) 310-5516
Fax: (336) 310-8924
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed (Today)
Sunday: Closed
Notice: Lunch break from 1PM - 2PM