Betsy taught Business Law, Employment Law, Human Resources, Hospitality and related courses for 6 years at Purdue. Formerly, she was a tenured faculty member at Niagara University, in Niagara Falls NY, and received her Law Degree at SUNY Buffalo while teaching there. Betsy has been an Indiana Attorney since 2006, and is the former Executive Director of the Lake County Bar Association, and among other things was in charge of their referral network. Betsy has conducted academic research and has been a featured speaker all across North America speaking on legal and nonlegal subjects.
- Cornell University
- other (2012) | Professional Studied Hotel Admin
- Hotel Restaurant Administration
- State University of New York - Buffalo
- J.D. (1998) | Juries Doctorate
- College of the Holy Cross
- B.A. | Psychology
- Activities: Varsity Tennis Internship Bergson Restaurants
- Sole Practitioner
- Law Office of Betsy Walits, LLC
- - Current
- Located across Lincolnway from Porter Hospital's Parking Garage. By appointment.
- Teacher of the Year
- Purdue University
- Indiana State Bar
- Women Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Lake County Bar Association
- Executive Director
Depending on area of legal services needed, phone consultations are free.
Credit Cards Accepted
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Rates are 200 per hour. Advanced Deposits start at 1000, depending upon complexity of case.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Law
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- General Civil
- Social Security