After over ten years in private practice and public service, Brandy Pirtle-Guiney formed Pirtle-Guiney Law LLC in February 2016 in order to focus solely on employment and civil rights law with an emphasis on partnering with progressive small businesses to provide a wide-range of services aimed at helping their businesses and employees thrive.
Brandy was previously an attorney with Davis Law Offices LLC where she practiced employment, small business, vcivil rights and estate planning law. She previously served as a Senior Civil Rights Investigator with the Bureau of Labor and Industries where she spent several years handling employment, housing and public accommodation discrimination claims and staffed the Oregon Council on Civil Rights. Prior to her work at BOLI, Brandy was with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Commonwealth’s civil rights enforcement agency, handling cases through all stages of litigation.
A 2006 graduate of Western New England University School of Law, Brandy is admitted to practice in Oregon and Massachusetts (inactive). She is a proud member of the Multnomah Bar Association, Oregon Women Lawyers, Oregon Gay and Lesbian Law Association, and the Business and Employment Sections of the Oregon State Bar. She has served as a Mock Trial judge through the Classroom Law Project and has volunteered with the MBA’s Young Lawyers Section "Imprint" program in which attorneys correspond with promising high school students from backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
In her free time, Brandy serves on the Board of the Pride Foundation, a regional community foundation that inspires giving to expand opportunities and advance full equality for LGBTQ people across the Northwest. She also enjoys live music, Portland’s incomparable food scene, cheering the Boston Red Sox, and exploring the Pacific Northwest with her family.
- Western New England University School of Law
- J.D. (2006)
- Salem College
- B.A. (2003) | History and Political Science
- Claremont Consortium of Colleges - Scripps College
- Pirtle-Guiney Law LLC
- - Current
- Davis Law Offices LLC
- Senior Civil Rights Investigator
- Bureau of Labor and Industries
- Compliance Officer/Legal
- Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination
- The Crossroads of ADA Accommodation and Protected Leave, VOIS Networking Event, Portland, OR
- Sick Time Ordinance Understanding Protected Sick Time, Public Forum on Proposed Eugene Sick Time Ordinance, Eugene, OR
- Family Forward
- Real Talk, Real Change: Practical Tools for Advancing Racial Equity at Your Foundation, Philanthropy Northwest Annual Conference 2017, Vancouver, WA
- Philanthropy Northwest
- Oregon Women Lawyers
- - Current
- Oregon State Bar Association # 091414
- - Current
- Activities: Employment, Business, and Civil Rights Law Section member.
- Federal Circuit
- Free Consultation
Consultations are, by their nature, an opportunity for us to get a feel for one another, discuss your needs, how I may help you, and what the fees may be for that work should we decide to move forward.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Employment Law
- Business Law
- English: Spoken, Written