Free Consultation: (225) 250-1812Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brent Stockstill

Brent Stockstill

  • Criminal Law
  • Louisiana
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Born and raised in Baton Rouge, graduate of Broadmoor High.

LSU law school graduate in 1989, Assistant District Attorney for 18 years handling death penalty to traffic tickets.

Sixteen years of exclusively criminal defense handling cases involving murder, drugs, sex crimes, burglary, to DWI. I have handled State cases across all of Louisiana.

Practice includes all Louisiana Federal courts on any allegation.

Free consultation and case review.

When you need a criminal law expert.

Professional Associations
Louisiana State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Louisiana Federal Court
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Louisiana State Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Baton Rouge Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Louisiana State Bar Association
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
5th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    You can come to me with whatever type of Criminal issue you have. In my 34 years of practice I have handled every thing from death penalty case to traffic tickets. No cost for a review of your situation.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Area
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Legal Answers
Q. Can the state of Louisiana charge you with armed robbery, if they don’t have a victim or evidence of armed robbery?
A: The state can always charge you. If the issue is proof of an element a trial is required. technical deficiencies can be handled by o motion to quash. the motion to quash if granted would end the prosecution. The ability of the state to prove what they claim is an issue for the jury to decide.
Q. Locked up for 3 months on a failure to appear with no bond and no contact with lawyer or probation officer
A: The answer is up to the Judge that authorized probation. If the Judge finds that your reason for not signing up justified your failure the Judge can allow you to get probation again. If the Judge does not think the facts of your situation justified your failure to sign up then the Judge could give you jail time. Be prepared to show how dangerous your ex was and why you had to flee. Show the Judge you attempted to get in touch with you attorney and the probation officers
Q. How to get my girlfriend out of jail and into a rehab/sober living. I feel she'll benefit more from a rehab. Please help
A: Many Judges will change bond amounts or release an accused to a secure treatment facility. If you don't have an attorney to help you try contacting the Judges law clerk.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
8048 One Calais Ave, Suite A
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
Telephone: (225) 250-1812