Brian W. Reidy

Brian W. Reidy

We help people through divorce with dignity.
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Illinois
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial Media

I have sat on the other client side of the lawyer-client table, which gives me a unique insight to the emotions that my clients experience. Divorce and child custody matters are never easy on the people involved. It is important to have a lawyer that you can trust during the most difficult time in your life. At Reidy Law Office, we believe in teaching our clients the relevant law and how it relates to the client’s specific situation. Then, we create the specific strategy for the individual client’s case. Our mission is to help people through the difficult times in their lives, and to create a starting point for a better life going forward.

Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology Logo
Professional Experience
Reidy Law Office
- Current
LeVine, Wittenberg, Shugan & Schatz Ltd.
Assistant States Attorney
Cook County State's Attorney
Speaking Engagements
Helping People to Make Life Changing Decisions, MaxLaw Conference, St. Louis, MO
10 Best Client Satisfaction
American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
CALI - Trial Advocacy
Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology
Awarded to the top grade in the class
Professional Associations
Illinois State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. If I filed for divorce but none of the paperwork was turned in. how long do i have to turn it in?
A: There are some things missing from this question. When you filed your case, you should have received a case number from the clerk of court. If you filed in December and have not taken action, you are probably going to have to refile the case.
Q. Is there such a thing of abuse of primary authority of decision making of minor children?
A: It may not be abuse, but it certainly is a basis for you to seek a modification of your financial responsibility. Given the facts that you have presented here, I believe a judge would not hold you responsible for 50% Or any other amount if you file a timely motion. You might also consider filing a motion for a GAAL to help the court determine what is truly in the best interest of your child given that your child does not want these new braces.
Q. Can dad give custody back to mom without paying for a lawyer or going to court?
A: Parties can agree to modify parenting time without a court order. Parties cannot modify child support orders without a judge signing an order. If the goal is to modify parenting time, the parties can agree and they should put any agreement in writing.

If the child lived with mom, dad would likely owe child support.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Reidy Law Office
Contact & Map
Reidy Law Office LLC
11528 W. 183rd Place
Suite NW
Orland Park, IL 60467
Telephone: (708) 580-6767
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed