I practice in all aspects of estate planning and elder law. I have over a decade of experience in these and related areas of law. Some of the services I provide include:
· Planning for high net-worth individuals
· Handling nearly all types of probate, guardianship, and trust administration cases
· Representing Personal Representatives of estates in every step of the probate process
· Providing Powers of Attorney for healthcare and financial decisions
· Preparing property deeds
· Creating Last Wills and Testaments and Codicils
· Assisting in formation and succession planning of family businesses
· Navigating nursing home and assisted living facility arrangements with families
· Managing long-term care Medicaid issues, including application, asset spend-down, and asset protection planning
I have also been the petitioner, court-appointed counsel, or the permanent guardian in countless guardianship cases. I have written and lectured on legal topics relating primarily to Medicaid rules, application, and spend-down strategy, the guardianship process in general, guardianship and Medicaid and how they interact with each other, and Social Security benefits planning. I am also accredited to provide Continuing Legal Education and have done so on multiple occasions, including presenting for various bar associations and teaching other attorneys for Lorman Education Services. I am rated by SuperLawyers and a member of ElderCounsel, which provides me access to some of the most sophisticated drafting software on the market.
In addition to my elder law/estate planning practice, I also represent physicians in a wide array of legal matters, including employment contract review and negotiations. I earned my J.D., Magna cum laude, in 2011 from the University of Baltimore School of Law, and my B.A., Magna cum laude, in 2007 from the University of South Carolina.