Free Consultation: (216) 417-5111Tap to Call This Lawyer
Bridget Sciscento

Bridget Sciscento

  • Family Law, Divorce, Real Estate Law ...
  • Ohio
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Bridget tirelessly advocates for her clients, ensuring that the law is accessible to them. Hailing from Hudson, Ohio, she focuses her practice in the areas of family law, real estate, and employment law. She has a passion for juvenile custody disputes and regularly litigates cases in juvenile court. When she isn't litigating, she spends her time with her golden retrievers, Finn and Stella.

Case Western Reserve University
J.D. (2021)
Honors: Graduated cum laude.
Case Western Reserve University Logo
Professional Experience
Legal and Enforcement Intern
ReliabilityFirst Corporation
Review and drafted contracts to ensure company's interest were protected. Analyzed potential and actual violations of federal energy laws and regulations.
Teaching Assistant to Professor Jonathan Adler for Law, Legislation, and Regulation
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Aided professor in designing curriculum for the course. Independently taught weekly lessons on fundamental principles of statutory interpretation and regulatory law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Assisted with the discovery process and conducted legal research for cases under Title VII
Honors Fellow in Constitutional Law
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Selected to serve as student tutor and assistant to professor based on accomplishments in the area of Constitutional Law.
Summer Associate
Legal Aid Society of Cleveland
Drafted memos in support of client appeals to the Social Security Administration and received favorable decisions
Office of United States Senator Sherrod Brown
Speaking Engagements
University of Akron
Delivered the student commencement address for the College of Arts and Sciences after being selected by the Dean of the College through a rigorous nomination and application process.
Zashin & Rich Family Law Achievement Prize
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
For the student who demonstrates outstanding performance in advanced domestic relations or family law.
CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Family Law
Center for Computer Assisted Legal Instruction and Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Awarded to the highest scoring student in family law.
Zashin & Rich Employment & Labor Award
Case Western Reserve University School of Law
For the student with significant achievement in employment law
CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Civil Procedure
Center for Computer Assisted Legal Instruction and Case Western Reserve University School of Law
Awarded to the highest scoring student in civil procedure.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Ohio  # 101366
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Supreme Court of Ohio Office of Attorney Services
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute consultation by appointment only.
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Real Estate Law
Commercial Real Estate, Residential Real Estate
Employment Law
Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, Wrongful Termination
Legal Answers
Q. Does the custodial parent have the right to refuse to honor shared parenting agreement?
A: No. Your ex is obligated to follow the terms of the Shared Parenting Plan provided that Shared Parenting Plan was signed by all parties and adopted as an Order of the Court. If your ex is withholding parenting time to which you are entitled or otherwise violating the Shared Parenting Plan, then your remedy is to file a Motion to Show Cause with the court and ask the court for your ex to show cause for why they should not be held in contempt for their failure to abide by the terms.
Q. Can the mother of my child change my child’s last name without my consent in Lucas County Ohio?
A: It is up to the Court. Paternity has been established. If Mom wants to change your child's last name, then you are entitled to notice of the proceedings, and you can present your case as to why it would not be best for the child's last name to be changed.
Q. I’m filing to switch custody of my nephew from maternal aunt to myself, paternal aunt.
A: If you an maternal aunt are in agreement, then you can likely draft an Agreed Judgment Entry asking the Court to adopt whatever custody plan that you come up with. So, if you and maternal aunt can negotiate an agreement outside of Court and write it, then you can file that with the Court with an Agreed Judgment Entry (document telling the Court that these parties are in agreement) so long as paternal aunt is already a party to the case.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Learn More by Visiting my Firm's Website
Contact & Map
N.P. Weiss Law
3091 Mayfield Rd Suite 320A
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Telephone: (216) 417-5111