Broderick C. Dunn is a partner at Cook Craig & Francuzenko, PLLC. Mr. Dunn helps individuals and small businesses navigate the litigation process. He also counsels clients in dispute avoidance. Mr. Dunn focuses his practice on labor and employment counseling and litigation where he represents federal government and private sector employees as well as employers.
Mr. Dunn also focuses his practice on counseling and litigation involving business torts, creditor’s rights, traffic defense, constitutional law and commercial landlord/tenant issues. He regularly appears in state and federal courts and in front of private arbitrators, mediators and administrative agencies.
Mr. Dunn is licensed to practice law in Virginia and Maryland. He is also a member of the Virginia Bar Association Labor and Employment Section, the Fairfax Bar Association, the National Employment Lawyers Association and the Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association. Mr. Dunn has been honored by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Employment Litigation every year since 2015 and has also been honored by the National Black Lawyers-Top 100.
In 2014, Mr. Dunn was appointed by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors to the Civil Service Commission, an adjudicative body which hears grievances filed by Fairfax County employees.
Mr. Dunn obtained his J.D. from Washington & Lee University School of Law in 2007 where he was the recipient of the Claytor Family Endowment Scholarship. Mr. Dunn obtained his B.A. from Williams College in 2004.
Outside of the courtroom, Mr. Dunn is the immediate past president of the Woodberry Forest Association of DC and is active on its board. He also serves as a class agent for the annual fund at Woodberry Forest School and Williams College.
- Washington and Lee University School of Law
- Williams College
- Cook Craig & Francuzenko, PLLC
- - Current
- Sands Anderson PC
- Hirschler Fleischer
- “A Day in the Life,” Docket Call, Vol. 26/No. 4, Spring 2010
- “Lilly Ledbetter Act Extends Time for Filing Fair Pay Claims,” Virginia Lawyer, Vol. 57/No. 9, April 2009
- “New Rules for Computing Time Deadlines in the Federal Rules,” Docket Call, Vol. 26/No. 3, Winter 2010
- Rising Star in Employment Litigation
- Super Lawyers
- 2015, 2016, 2017
- Virginia Bar Association
- Fairfax Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- Northern Virginia Black Attorneys Association
- 4th Circuit
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Supreme Court of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Broderick C. Dunn's Website Profile
- Cook Craig & Francuzenko, PLLC Website
- Cook Craig & Francuzenko, PLLC Blog