Free Consultation: (313) 964-9261Tap to Call This Lawyer
Brooke Lauren Archie

Brooke Lauren Archie

Specializing in Metro Detroit probate matters.
  • Probate, Estate Planning
  • Michigan
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII GoldSocial MediaResponsive Law

My practice focuses on probate and estate planning matters only. This means that I focus all of my practice's energy, resources, and attention to specializing and knowing the in's and out's of all things probate and probate related. Whether you are facing probate litigation, estate administration, conservatorship, guardianship, Special Needs Trusts, or even grappling with a friend or relative with mental health challenges, I will utilize my specialized expertise and relentless advocacy to navigate you through your probate challenges and issues in the Wayne County Probate Court and the Oakland County Probate Court.

Wayne State University Law School
J.D. (2009)
Wayne State University Law School Logo
University of Detroit Mercy
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Founding Partner
Law Office of Brooke Lauren Archie, PLLC
Professional Associations
Wayne County Probate Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Detroit Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Oakland County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
State Bar of Michigan  # P75744
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of Michigan
ID Number: P75744
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. I need help with Wayne County probate Court my mother passed away my childhood home want to put into my name
A: Provided there or no other heirs or outstanding creditors (related to unpaid debts that your mother had), you can file an Application for Probate. Upon appointment as the Personal Representative of her estate, you may execute a Fiduciary Deed conveying the property to yourself. If there are other heirs or creditors, they may object to you solely owning the home. If you file a Petition for Probate rather than the Application, Wayne County Probate Court will automatically preclude any conveyances or transfers of the property without you specifically obtaining court approval, which will require a second petition. In short, the ease or difficulty of putting the home in your name will depend on if there are other siblings and if there are unpaid creditors.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Law Office of Brooke Lauren Archie
615 Griswold St Ste 1300
Detroit, MI 48226
Telephone: (313) 964-9261
Fax: (248) 485-6589
Monday: Open 24 hours
Tuesday: Open 24 hours
Wednesday: Open 24 hours
Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open 24 hours
Saturday: Open 24 hours (Today)
Sunday: Open 24 hours