Caitlin M. Fiello Schwartz
- Real Estate Law, Divorce, Probate ...
Caitlin is a strong and hard-working advocate for her clients. She believes that it is important for her client’s voice to be heard no matter what type of case they have. She is experienced both inside and outside the courtroom, having helped clients negotiate fair settlements when she can and taking their case to court when necessary. Her wide experience includes: real estate, foreclosure, landlord/tenant, and family matters (divorce, custody, support and domestic violence issues).
Caitlin prides herself on listening to her clients so that she knows what is important to them and what their goal is. She believes that communication is the key to a good relationship with her clients. Caitlin will:
· make sure she understands the problem you want help with
· explain to you how the law affects that problem
· explain to you what your options are
· work with you to make a plan to achieve the option you choose
· keep you up-to-date on what is happening with your case
The legal process can be stressful and intimidating. Caitlin will make sure you have the information you need to reduce your stress and make the process less intimidating.
Caitlin has a psychology degree from the University of Illinois in Urbana-Champaign and a law degree from Southern Illinois University. After graduation from law school and passing the bar exam, she worked as a staff attorney with Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance in both Alton and East St. Louis before going into private practice.
Caitlin is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association, St. Clair County Bar Association and the Tri-City Bar Association, where she served as an officer for several years, including as president in 2016.
- Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation, Inc.
- Trained Civil and Divorce Mediator
- Instructor - Marta J. Papa. JD
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6312792
- St. Clair Co. Bar Association
- - Current
- Tri-City Bar Association
- - Current
- Illinois State Bar Association
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Foreclosure Defense
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
- Scott & Fiello Schwartz, LLC