Carey F. Kalmowitz is a founding partner of The Health Law Partners, P.C. Mr. Kalmowitz graduated from New York University Law School in 1994 and from Vassar College in 1989.
Mr. Kalmowitz was admitted to the Michigan Bar in 1994. He practices in all areas of healthcare law, with specific concentration on the corporate and financial aspects of healthcare, including structuring revenue-enhancing transactions among physicians and other healthcare providers, certificate of need, compliance investigations, corporate fraud and abuse/Stark and third party payment and reimbursement. In addition, Mr. Kalmowitz also practices in the following areas of health care law:
- Counsels physicians and physician groups on integration strategies, ancillary services, employment agreements, recruitment agreements, shareholder agreements, buy ins, buy outs, compliance, third party payor audits, and negotiating joint venture and hospital relationships.
- Advises healthcare providers regarding compliance matters including the Stark Law, Anti-kickback Statute and reimbursement regulations.
- Served as general counsel of major regional healthcare system, and has significant experience with the full spectrum of hospitals' legal issues.
- Assisted a variety of providers with certificate of need projects, including two replacement hospitals and numerous CT, MRI and ASC transactions.
- Advises long-term care facilities on compliance and business issues.
- Represents a variety of health care providers, including physicians, ambulatory surgery centers, long-term care facilities and durable medical equipment suppliers with a broad range of health care transactional issues.
Mr. Kalmowitz is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Society of Hospital Attorneys, the American Health Lawyer's Association, and the American Bar Association.
Mr. Kalmowitz has authored several articles in the heath care field.