Carlos N. Martinez

Carlos N. Martinez

Legal Solutions Of New Mexico, LLC
  • Cannabis & Marijuana Law, Business Law, Family Law ...
  • New Mexico
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Carlos N. Martinez is the Managing Partner and co-owner of Legal Solutions of New Mexico, LLC, a full-service Cannabis law firm assisting business owners and entrepreneurs navigate through New Mexico's medical and recreational cannabis industry.

Carlos is also Managing Partner of Cannabis Law Solutions, a national cannabis law firm focused on the areas of risk management, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, cannabis consulting and overall general counsel.

Carlos is also a trial litigator that assists clients in Family Law in the areas of divorce, child custody, kinship guardianship, grandparent visitation, domestic violence, prenuptial agreements and child support issues.

Carlos founded the New Mexico Cannabis Law Section, and has served as its chairperson of the board of directors as well as the budget officer, CLE liaison, and also currently serves on the New Mexico Family Law Section board of directors.

Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
J.D. (2010) | Law
Western Michigan University Cooley Law School Logo
University of Denver
B.S. (2005) | Accounting; Finance
University of Denver Logo
Professional Experience
Rose L. Brand and Associates
Couture Law
Practice Area Manager
Albuquerque Business Law, PC
Family Law of New Mexico, LLC
Managing Partner; Co-Owner
Legal Solutions Of New Mexico, LLC
Professional Associations
NM Bar Cannabis Law Section
Founder; Board Member; Chairperson
- Current
Activities: A collective of legal minds, representing multiple legal disciplines, coming together to help New Mexico residents comply, enjoy, and grow the New Mexico medical cannabis program
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NM Cannabis Chamber of Commerce
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
National Cannabis Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
New Mexico Collaborative Divorce Group
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Presbyterian Internal Review Board
Board Member
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NM Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
NM Bar Family Law Section
Board Member; Budget Officer
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
New Mexico
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    All major credit cards accepted
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Call for consultation fees
Practice Areas
Cannabis & Marijuana Law
Marijuana Business Formation, Medical Marijuana
Business Law
Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
Family Law
Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • English
  • Spanish
Legal Answers
Q. I need to respond to a motion to modify custody he's asking for full custody himself I need full custody for me
A: First, you should respond to whatever motion he filed against you. Then you should file a motion for custody and request a hearing. When you get your hearing setting, prepare for the hearing by reviewing the state statutes, court procedure and local rules.
Q. My question is how do I know my rights as a father after after a leabe of absence leaving the state of nm for over two
A: In New Mexico, you are presumed to have joint legal custody rights to your kids unless there is a court order stating otherwise. If there is no case currently pending, then you should file a parentage and custody case immediately to protect your parental rights, and to establish your visitation.
Q. How do I go about getting full custody for my son but not file for child support?
A: You would have to petition the court for full custody and request a hearing. New Mexico requires that a child support worksheet be filed with any parenting plan/custody order, however either party may deviate upwards or downwards with respect to what is owed under certain circumstances.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Legal Solutions Of New Mexico, LLC
8214 2nd Street NW
Suite A
Albuquerque, NM 87114
Telephone: (505) 445-4444