Free Consultation: (305) 394-5265Tap to Call This Lawyer
Carol Jane King

Carol Jane King

  • Consumer Law, Social Security Disability, Tax Law
  • Oklahoma, Social Security, Veterans Affairs
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
University of Tulsa College of Law
J.D. | International Law
University of Tulsa College of Law Logo
University of Oklahoma
B.A. | History
University of Oklahoma Logo
Professional Associations
Oklahoma State Bar
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Social Security
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Veterans Affairs
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
US Tax Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Free 30 minute consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    Flat Fee rates for document preparation and advice. Statutory flat fee services for Social Security and Veterans Affairs representation. Hourly rate of $175 plus $2500 retainer for tax services.
Practice Areas
    Consumer Law
    Class Action, Lemon Law
    Social Security Disability
    Tax Law
    Business Taxes, Criminal Tax Litigation, Estate Tax Planning, Income Taxes, International Taxes, Payroll Taxes, Property Taxes, Sales Taxes, Tax Appeals, Tax Audits, Tax Planning
Legal Answers
Q. My mother in-law is trying to obtain custody of two of my children, What rights does she have or not have?
A: Unless she can prove you unfit, the court generally will not give custody of minor children to a grandparent. She would have to file a guardianship petition. She has limited visitation rights which are listed in Title 43 of Oklahoma Statutes Section 109.4.
Q. How old does a child have to be to decide when they want to live with the noncustodial parent in Oklahoma?
A: Age 12 is the statutory guideline for considering the preference of the child but it is not absolute. It depends on how mature the child is and the reasons behind the request.
Q. I would like to amend my divorce decree. how do i do this
A: It depends on what you mean by "amend". If there is some sort of error that needs correcting, then you file a Motion to Amend. If you want to change child support, custody, or visitation, you will need to file a Motion to Modify. You will also need to request a hearing on whatever the Motion is you file.
View More Answers
Contact & Map
Mailing Address
47 Ed Swift Road
Key West, FL 33040
Telephone: (305) 394-5265
Fax: (866) 244-4532