Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Drake University Law School
- J.D. | Law
- Northern Illinois University
- B.A. | Political Science
- Trust Officer
- JPMorgan Chase Bank N.A.
- Managed Case load of over 50 disabled adults and children's estates where JPMorgan Chase had been appointed as Guardian of the Estate. Appeared in court for petitions, motions, trials and accountings. Managed Special Needs Trust to ensure that public benefits like Social Security and Medicaid were not violated. Managed budgets of estates to ensure the estate was spent for the wards benefit.
- Cook County Public Guardians Office
- Represented abused and neglected children in Juvenile Court and disabled adults and the elderly in Probate Court. In Juvenile Court conducted adjudication trials, termination trials, permenancy hearings and other routine motions. Assisted social workers in securing services for children on my case load which was over 141 families. Represented children in Individual Education Plan (IEP) meetings to ensure an appropriate education environment was obtained for each child. Also represented children in all aspects of the Special Education process. In Probate I represented the Public Guardian who was appointed as guardian of the person and estate for disabled adults and the elderly of Cook County who had no family or friends who could become their guardian. As Guardian the Public Guardian was responsible for all aspects of each wards life. Therefore, I represented the Public Guardian in probate court on motions, petitions, accountings and adjudication trials. I also represented the Public Guardian in eviction court, foreclosures, domestic relation issues, and Administrative Hearings on zoning and housing violations, essentially any area of law that the ward had issues that needed to be resolved. I was also responsible for obtaining Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security where necessary and represented the Public Guardian in appeals at each agency. I also managed Special needs trust for wards to ensure that the expenditures from the trust did not violated Public Benefits in any way.
- Circuit Court of Cook County
- Chicago Volunteer Legal Service
- - Current
- Activities: Volunteer to represent low income individuals in all aspects of probate court. This includes filing petitions, motions, accountings and conducting trials.
- Chicago Bar Association Probate Practice Committee
- - Current
- Chicago Bar Association Elder Law Committee
- - Current
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Hourly rate for in court time and out is $200.00 an hour. Contact for specific break down of fees for each practice area.
- Education Law
- Elder Law
- Juvenile Law
Additional Practice Areas
Contact & Map