Free Consultation: (410) 216-7000Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cedulie Renee Laumann

Cedulie Renee Laumann

Arden Law Firm, LLC
  • Real Estate Law, Estate Planning, Business Law ...
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&AResponsive Law

Attorney Cedulie Laumann is the managing attorney of small law firm in Anne Arundel County, Maryland. The firm accepts clients in real estate, small business, guardianship and civil litigation matters.

She enjoys helping clients reach positive solutions to their legal needs. Whether a client needs a simple deed transfer or representation in a "high stakes" lawsuit, quality representation should keep the client's unique needs in mind. Her firm employs innovative "flat fee" billing arrangements and fee options outside the traditional hourly based approach.

"Legal Answers & Representation Relevant to YOUR needs!"

University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
Honors: Order of the Coif Top 10% of Graduating Class
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
managing attorney
Arden Law Firm, LLC
Adjunct Faculty
St. Joseph's University
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    10 minute no-cost phone consult. Call 410-216-7000 Consultation with Managing Attorney (minimum 10 years experience) for a flat $200 consult fee for most matters. 50%-100% of the consult fee credited to client's account if the firm is retained for full service within 30 days of consult.
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Mastercard, Visa, Discover, American Express Credit cards are only accepted for attorney fees, not for any government fees, third party fees or taxes.
  • Contingent Fees
    Limited contingency fees - available in certain real estate representation.
  • Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
    10 min no cost initial consult by phone. Flat fee consultations for up to 1.5 hour attorney meeting. Option of flat fee billing many types of cases, including Estate Planning (Trusts, Wills, etc.), Business Formation (LLCs, etc.) and Real Estate (tax sale foreclosure litigation, deeds, contracts, etc.) Representative 2020 flat fees: $245 for most no consideration deeds, $275 for PR/estate/corporate/LLC deeds $295 for deeds with transfer/recordation tax $85 for powers of attorney $750 for single member LLC formation package, $850 for 2-3 member $505 for estate planning package (individual) $950 for revocable trust package (individual), $1450 for revocable trust package (husband and wife planning together). While all the firm's clients are given clear understanding of fees up-front, this list is not a promise to represent, some situations may require additional work and no attorney/client relationship is formed unless we meet and both agree.
Practice Areas
    Real Estate Law
    Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Mortgages, Residential Real Estate
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
    Business Law
    Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Mergers & Acquisitions
    Employment Law
    Employment Contracts
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation
Additional Practice Area
  • General Civil
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Hello
A: The initial contract price is not always the final sale price. While it is possible your agent lied, it is also possible that the Seller in fact accepted a higher offer and either the appraisal or an inspection caused a re-negotiation of the price before it got to sale. Because contracts, inspections, appraisals and other negotiations between a buyer and seller are not a matter of public record it may not be possible to know just by looking at the final sales price.
Q. What are the advantages of putting my home in a trust costing $3500. or a joint tenancy. We are leaving =ly to 3 sons.
A: The fee for trusts is not set by law and estate planning attorneys will set their own rates, so a trust may cost more or less than the figure you quoted, depending on the circumstances and what else is involved. (My firm, for example, at time of this post prepares comprehensive revocable trust packages in Maryland for less than $2,000 including wills, advance directives, powers of attorney and a deed for a principal residence, but you can inquire with any attorney of your choosing). Revocable trusts give significantly more control than a deed - they can, for example, protect assets in blended family situations so that the wishes of both husband and wife are assured after one or the other die. Trusts can also help in situations with younger beneficiaries, where there are many beneficiaries or where some circumstances suggest some of the beneficiaries might not be able to effectively handle the assets on their own. In addition, they can allow for a single person (the trustee) to make decisions and sell the property without all the beneficiaries agreeing on every detail (for example, what realtor to hire, what will they list for, will they first fix the roof or sell as-is, etc.) Joint tenancy is usually not a good option because it immediately opens the property to the claims of a child (or other beneficiary)'s creditors. For example, if a child was involved in a car accident that resulted in a judgment against them, that claim would attach to the house. Additionally, if the original owners want to sell the house, they cannot do so without the other joint tenants' consent. Finally, there can be unexpected capital gains tax complications when someone gives away property during their lifetime through a joint tenancy deed. There is a third option - a life estate deed (which would typically cost several hundred not several thousand). If there is not a blended family (children from different marriages), special needs or other reason to protect in a trust, a life estate deed can retain full ownership during the original owner's lifetime and instantly pass to the named beneficiaries when the original owner(s) die. I encourage you to sit down with a qualified estate planner to discuss these options. While not legal advice, I hope that the above helps.
Q. Do you need an appraiser if the only thing in the estate is a bank account with US dollars?
A: No. You simply need to verify the exact date of death balance in the account.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
1028 Generals Hwy
Crownsville, MD 21032
Telephone: (410) 216-7000
Telephone: (410) 216-7000