Free Consultation: (352) 354-2654Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles David
  • Probate, Estate Planning
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Stetson University College of Law
Stetson University College of Law Logo
University of Florida
University of Florida Logo
Professional Experience
Florida Probate Law Group
- Current
Articles & Publications
Wait! Don’t Pay That Medicaid Lien From Your Client’s Wrongful Death Settlement!
What in the World is a Medicaid Set Aside?
Minor Personal Injury in Florida: When is Court Approval of Settlement Required?
Speaking Engagements
DUI prevention Lecture, Gainesville, FL
March and April 2014 presentations given at multiple venues.
Estate Planning Workshop, The Atrium, Gainesville, FL
The role of professional guardians in creating estate plans and initiating probate proceedings for their wards., Florida Guardianship Conference, Hyatt Regency Riverfront Hotel – Jacksonville, FL
Virtual CLE presentation, Workhorse Seminar
Florida Justice Association
Professional Associations
The Florida Bar  # 0089003
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
The Florida Bar
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
Practice Areas
    Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
    Estate Planning
    Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
Additional Practice Area
  • Guardianship
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. What percentage if an estate does a substitute PR get paid?
A: 3%, plus potentially an hourly rate for extraordinary services.
Q. Dad died 09 will origin Florida never probated, mom 2014 no Will Florida property I paid taxes can I claim ownership?
A: If your dad dies first, his will will control what he owned when he passed. If he left everything to your mom, her will controls the assets after her death. If she died without at will, her estate will pass "intestate" as laid out in this flowchart:
Q. My brother died. He was never married and had no children. Both parents are dead. He had 5 surviving siblings.
A: Yes, the deceased sister's children are entitled to money (assuming there is no will directing otherwise). Specifically they will split 20% (their mother's share if she was living). When someone dies without a will in Florida their estate goes through "intestate succession." This flowchart breaks down the chain of intestate succession in Florida:
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Charles David's Website Profile
Florida Probate Law Group Website
Florida Probate Blog
Contact & Map
Florida Probate Law Group
Main Office
By Appointment Only
140 NW 75 Dr
Gainesville, FL 32607
Telephone: (352) 354-2654
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed
Florida Probate Law Group
Mailing Address
PO Box 141135
Gainesville, FL 32614