Free Consultation: (443) 846-5207Tap to Call This Lawyer
Charles William Michaels

Charles William Michaels

C. William Michaels, Esq.
  • Appeals & Appellate
  • Maryland
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold

C. William Michaels is an appellate lawyer. He has concentrated his practice on appellate matters for the last 25 years. He is available to draft briefs for other attorneys --in either Federal or State appellate courts--or to represent clients in either Maryland or Federal appellate courts (Fourth Circuit and DC Circuit). He graduated from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1978 and from Brandeis University (magna cum laude) in 1975. While at law school he was Associate Editor for the Maryland Law Forum and one of the Assistant Editors of the Maryland Law Review.

University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
J.D. (1978)
Activities: Associate Editor, The Maryland Law Forum Assistant Editor, The Maryland Law Review
Placeholder image for education.
Brandeis University
B.A. (1975)
Honors: magna cum laude
Activities: Associate Editor, student newspaper The Justice
Brandeis University Logo
Professional Experience
C. William Michaels, Esq.
Articles & Publications
No Greater Threat: America After September 11 and the Rise of a National Security State
Algora Publishing 2002
Professional Associations
Maryland State Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Baltimore County Bar Association
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
4th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
D.C. Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
U.S. Supreme Court
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
    Initial consultation whether by phone or in person is free.
Practice Area
    Appeals & Appellate
    Civil Appeals, Federal Appeals
  • English
Legal Answers
Q. How do I file an criminal appeal?
A: First, I am not a South Carolina lawyer. However, I suppose a person will file a "criminal appeal" the same way as one would file any other appeal. The rule of thumb is to file a notice of appeal within 30 days of the trial court's final judgment--in criminal cases that's usually the date of sentencing. The notice of appeal is generally filed in the trial court. After that, you will have to take a look at the SC appellate rules to see what comes next--usually the appellant must order the transcript of proceedings in the trial court, etc.
Q. Should I appeal my dmv hearing extension on my ignition interlock device
A: First, I am not a Colorado lawyer. That being said, if you claim that your blood alcohol concentration (bac) is being incorrectly monitored, yes I would appeal that.
Q. A state appeal pending over 12 months what is the success rate
A: First, I am not a Virginia lawyer. That being said, there is just no way to know what the "success rate" is on appeal. Every case is different. But generally, the chance of winning on appeal is 15/20% if that. I can estimate the chances of winning a given case if I had more background.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
C. William Michael, Esq. Website
C. William Michael's Website Background
Contact & Map
1579 Dellsway Road
Baltimore, MD 21286
Telephone: (443) 846-5207