Providing high quality legal representation to every client is Chris Trotter's first priority. With a strong academic background and extensive trial experience, he is able to help clients navigate their way through the often complex and confusing legal system. It can be very intimidating to get involved in the legal system, particularly when facing criminal charges. Specializing in the areas of criminal defense, DUI defense, gun rights litigation, expungements, and protective orders, Chris can provide you or your loved one with excellent and aggressive legal representation.
Chris has experience in both criminal defense and prosecution. He worked for the Washington County District Attorney's Office for two years, in the criminal prosecution unit. He has litigated hundreds of cases in circuit and municipal courts all over Oregon. He has substantial experience representing clients at jury and bench trials, motion hearings, arraignments, pretrial conferences, change of plea hearings, and probation violation hearings on both sides of the aisle.
Chris has successfully defended many clients, including receiving “Not Guilty” verdicts at trial for felony and misdemeanor cases in multiple jurisdictions around the state. He has experience representing clients facing all kinds of criminal charges, including: shoplifting, DUI, domestic violence, drug charges, identity theft, sexual abuse, unlawful use of a weapon, robbery, assault, manslaughter, and many other crimes.
As a bilingual attorney, Chris represents many clients whose primary language is Spanish. For these clients, having a Spanish speaking attorney is very important.
When you come to Trotter Law, you can be confident that you are in good hands. Whether you are facing criminal charges, trying to get your gun rights restored, seeking a protective order or an expungement, or another legal service, Chris Trotter has the skills, knowledge, and experience to provide the excellent representation you deserve.
- Willamette University College of Law
- J.D. (2013) | Law
- Brigham Young University-Idaho
- B.A. (2010) | Major: Political Science, Minor: Spanish Education
- Honors: Graduated with Honors
- Trotter Law, LLC
- - Current
- Chris Trotter is proud to be the founder of a law firm dedicated to providing excellent legal representation to every client. When you come to Trotter Law, you can be confident that you are in good hands. Whether you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges, trying to get your gun rights restored, seeking a protective order or an expungement, or another legal service, Chris Trotter has the skills, knowledge, and experience to provide the excellent representation you deserve.
- Associate Attorney
- Gilroy, Napoli, Short Law Group, LLP
- Law Clerk
- Washington County District Attorney's Office
- Office of the State Public Defender - Montana
- Trained to Administer the Standardized Field Sobriety Tests
- La Pier & Associates
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Pro Bono Honors
- Willamette University
- Oregon State Bar # 135071
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Domestic Violence
- Restraining Orders and Protective Orders
- Gun Rights
- English: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written