Christopher Keyser has earned dismissals, not guilty verdicts, and reduced charges for clients accused of homicide, criminal sexual conduct, robbery, burglary, assault, DWI, and other serious offenses. He has earned the respect of judges and prosecutors throughout the state and has a reputation for being straightforward, honest, professional, and aggressively defending his clients. Prior to forming Keyser Law, P.A., Christopher clerked for the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security where he investigated, prosecuted, and litigated matters on behalf of the government before federal district and immigration courts. As a criminal defense attorney, Christopher handles all cases throughout Minnesota in state and federal court. He is also a Captain and Judge Advocate in the U.S. Army Reserve.
- William Mitchell College of Law
- University of Minnesota - Twin Cities
- B.A. | English Literature
- Defense Counsel/Captain
- United States Army Reserve
- - Current
- Military attorney practicing a wide breadth of legal disciplines including military justice, investigations, operational law, administrative law, fiscal law, claims, and legal assistance. Responsible for providing legal advice and support to the Command Judge Advocate Office, which advises battalion and company commanders throughout an engineer brigade with approximately 5,000 personnel covering 11 states. Graduate of the 183rd Judge Advocate Officer Basic Course, and Judge Advocate Officer Advanced Course at the Judge Advocate General's Legal Center and School in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- Criminal Defense Lawyer
- Keyser Law, P.A.
- - Current
- Criminal defense trial attorney with offices in Minneapolis and Stillwater, Minnesota. Practice covers all criminal cases in state and federal courts, including arson, assault, domestic assault, burglary, disorderly conduct, detox release, drug offenses, DWI/DUI, expungement, homicide, robbery, solicitation and prostitution, and theft. Practice is primarily in the Twin Cities metropolitan area, with a focus on assault charges, violent crimes, and expungements. Immigration law is a significant portion of the practice but is handled primarily by associate counsel.
- Law Clerk
- U.S. Department of Justice
- Judicial clerk to the Honorable Joseph R. Dierkes (retired) and the Honorable Kristin W. Olmanson with the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), commonly known as immigration court, and an administrative court of the U.S. Department of Justice. Primary duties included drafting judicial decisions and opinions for a variety of immigration cases.
- Law Clerk
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Represented the U.S. Government during removal proceedings (deportation trials) in immigration court as a certified student-attorney.
- Law Clerk
- US Department of Homeland Security
- Law clerk with U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) at the California Service Center (CSC). Drafted litigation reports for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Central District of California, and reviewed I-130 Petition Appeals and Notices to Appear (NTAs) on behalf of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.
- Minnesota State Bar # 0389361
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Washington County Bar Association.
- 8th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- Free Consultation
I provide one free consultation by phone or in person.
- Credit Cards Accepted
Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express accepted.
- Criminal Law
- Domestic Violence
- DUI & DWI
- White Collar Crime
- Juvenile Law
- Drug Crimes
- Federal Crimes
- Probation Violations
- Sex Crimes
- Shoplifting / Retail Theft
- Theft Crimes
- Criminal Record Sealing
- English: Spoken, Written
Minneapolis criminal defense lawyer Christopher Keyser.Theft
Minneapolis criminal lawyer Christopher Keyser discusses theft charges.Expungement
Minneapolis criminal defense lawyer Christopher Keyser discusses expungement (criminal record sealing).Domestic Assault
Minneapolis criminal defense lawyer Christopher Keyser discusses domestic assault charges.Assault
Minneapolis criminal defense lawyer Christopher Keyser discusses assault cases.