Ms. Becker has been a force in the Colorado judicial system since 2003, coming to Colorado via Temple University Beasley School of Law, in Philadelphia, PA. From 2003-2009 she worked in the Office of the Colorado State Public Defender, working her way up in the ranks to finishing her public defender career as the Office Head of the Trinidad Regional Office.
Entering into private practice in 2009, she has kept herself busy in the areas of Family Law, Criminal Defense, and has begun a new role in Personal Injury cases.
It has always been Ms. Becker’s philosophy in her practice of law that each person deserves zealous and caring representation. She is very aware that in Family Law cases, ranging from divorces, to child support modifications, that emotions run high, and these times are likely some of the most difficult that many of her clients have faced. It is important to Ms. Becker that each client be involved in, and understand each step of the litigation of their case. She works closely with her staff and clients to ensure that the clients’ voices are heard. In cases involving children, it is of utmost importance to Ms. Becker that the best interests of every child be served. She has settled many cases, but also is not afraid to appear before the Court when settlement is not in favor of her clients, or not serving the best interests of the children.
In her criminal defense practice, Ms. Becker has remained court appointed counsel through Alternate Defense Counsel. She has tried numerous cases, with a high rate of success. She has defended those faced with charges varying from DUI, traffic offenses, misdemeanors, all level felonies, including drug offenses, sexual assaults, and homicides. Ms. Becker has tried numerous cases with a solid rate of success obtaining acquittals for a number of clients. Ms. Becker believes that each person’s constitutional rights are fundamental and deserve every protection afforded to them.
- Temple University Beasley School of Law
- J.D. (2003) | Activities and Societies: Constitutional Rights Law Review
- University of Arizona
- B.A. (1999) | Bachelor of Arts, Political Science of Government
- Attorney at Law
- Becker Law Group, LLC
- - Current
- Specializing in the fields of domestic/family law and criminal defense. With over 13 years of litigation and trial experience throughout Colorado.
- Becker & Ernst, LLC
- Full service law firm, specializing in criminal defense, divorce, custody, adoption, child support, and personal injury. We represent clients across Southern Colorado.
- Cobea E. Becker, Attorney at Law
- Indigent criminal defense as a trial lawyer. I have tried over 100 felony cases throughout the State of Colorado, and litigated all stages of the case prior to the appellate process. Domestic Relations cases including divorce, adoption, allocation of parental responsibilities, termination of parental responsibilities, child support and post-decree issues.
- Office Head of Trinidad Regional Office
- Colorado State Public Defender
- Indigent criminal defense. Caseload included anywhere from 100-300 cases at any given time. Tried over 100 felony cases, and served as the Office Head of the Trinidad Regional Office
- State Bar of Colorado # 34984
- Family Law
- Estate Planning
- Civil Rights
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- Spanish: Spoken
- Becker Law Group | Personalized Legal Guidance