Free Consultation: (949) 888-8800Tap to Call This Lawyer
Colleen M. Talkov

Colleen M. Talkov

Child Custody and Family Attorney
  • Family Law, Domestic Violence, Divorce
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ABlawg SearchSocial MediaResponsive Law

Colleen is a California family law attorney with a focus on child custody disputes.

Colleen is a native Southern Californian who attended Northern Arizona University and went on to earn her Juris Doctorate from California Southern Law School in Riverside, California.

Since her admission to the State Bar of California in 2016, Colleen has practiced exclusively in the area of family law and excels in representing clients in family law matters in California Superior Court in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, and Los Angeles County.

Colleen effectively advocates for her clients’ legal rights in all stages of litigation and ensures their emotional needs are met inside and outside of the courtroom. Colleen is a skilled and compassionate attorney who offers options to clients who are looking for or need someone who can fight for them, in a way that they have not yet discovered. Colleen understands that no one really “wins” in family law, and she is able to help her clients find personalized and tailored solutions to their problems, in and out of the courtroom.

Colleen is a member of the Family Law Section of the California Lawyer's Association, The Pick Group of Young Professionals, Riverside County Bar Association, and various other professional organizations.

Northern Arizona University
Political Science
Northern Arizona University Logo
California Southern Law School
J.D. (2015) | Law
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Family Law Attorney
Talkov Law Corp.
- Current
Colleen represents family law litigants in the following practice areas: Child Custody and Visitation Move Away and Relocation of Children Parental Alienation Child Custody Modifications Paternity Divorce Property Division Domestic Violence Child Support Spousal Support Adoption Dissolution of Domestic Partnership Same-Sex Divorce Annulment Legal Separation Contempt
Family Law Attorney
Law Office of Heath L. Baker
Representing clients in all areas of family law litigation and negotiation in Riverside, San Bernardino, Orange, Pamona, Victorville, Hemet, and all surrounding areas.
Family Law Attorney
Law Offices of Christian Schank and Associates
Family Law Attorney
Law Office of Heath L. Baker
Family Law Clerk/Paralegal
Law Office of Heath L. Baker
Court Services Assistant
Riverside Superior Court
Articles & Publications
How to Win Child Custody in California
Talkov Law Corp.
Professional Associations
State Bar of California  # 309785
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Riverside County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
California Lawyers Group
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Family Law Section of the California Lawyer's Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
State Bar of California
ID Number: 309785
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Federal Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
    Family Law
    Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
    Domestic Violence
    Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
    Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • English
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. To insure a visit can my son take the police to see his daughter there are no court orders . His x won't let him
A: If no custody orders exist regarding this child, there is no reason to involve the police because the mother is not legally required to allow your son to visit this child. It sounds like your son needs to file a Petition in the Family Court of the county where the mother lives to establish Paternity accompanied by a Request for Order to establish child custody and visitation Orders. Until there is a court order designating certain days and times as your son's parenting time, he is essentially only going to be able to see his son when the mother allows it.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Family Law Attorney
Talkov Law Family Law Attorney
Contact & Map
Talkov Law Corp.
Newport Beach
4000 MacArthur Blvd Ste 655
Newport Beach, CA 92660
Toll-Free: (949) 888-8800
Monday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM (Today)
Thursday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8:30 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed