Free Consultation: (801) 899-1913Tap to Call This Lawyer
Cory Hundley

Cory Hundley

  • Family Law, Personal Injury
  • Utah
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media
Brigham Young University
Brigham Young University Logo
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
10th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
  • Dutch: Spoken, Written
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Can my husband's ex wife claim old child support if she forgave our debt years ago? She is not claiming. Just curious.
A: There is certainly a chance she will be able to enforce the unpaid child support. In Utah, child support is determined by statute, not by agreement, and the child support obligation is based on the current order of a court. If you have not modified the order based on reduced income or change in circumstances, then the originally ordered amount still applies. Additionally, unpaid child support can be pursued even after a minor child becomes an adult. She could potentially pursue the unpaid amount either through ORS or by filing an order to show cause with the court, requesting to reduce all unpaid amounts to judgment.
Q. I got charged with contributing to the delinquency of a minor but i am not 21 do i need to worry about this
A: Any time you face criminal charges, you should be very active in protecting your rights and defending the charges. You do not have to be 21 to face adult criminal charges. 18 years old is considered an adult and you can be charged with contributing to delinquency before age 21. You should speak to an attorney to determine whether the charges are viable and if you have an effective way to defend or respond to the charges.
Q. My son's father has not seen him in over 3 years how do I go about terminating his rights
A: There are two basic options in terminating parental rights. First, you could try for a voluntary termination of his parental rights and he can sign away his parental rights. This is the fastest, easiest, and simplest way to terminate parental rights. The other way is involuntary termination of parental rights. If you are interested in this, you need to show that he has either abandoned the child, abused or neglected the child, and a few other options. From what you have said, it sounds like you have a good case to show abandonment. Of course, I would recommend consulting with an attorney if you want to seriously pursue involuntary termination.
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
Hundley & Harrison
10808 S River Front Parkway, Ste 334
South Jordan, UT 84095
Telephone: (801) 899-1913