Free Consultation: (719) 301-4549Tap to Call This Lawyer
Craig Valentine

Craig Valentine

Modern Family Law
  • Divorce, Family Law
  • Colorado
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII PlatinumSocial Media

Craig Valentine, managing attorney of Modern Family Law’s Colorado Springs office, represents families in all domestic relations matters. Before coming to Modern Family Law, Craig represented plaintiffs in class action and mass tort actions, as well as personal injury, medical malpractice, and other legal areas. The cases on which he worked recovered over $1 billion from defendants.

When the opportunity arose to get into family law, Craig jumped at the chance. As an undergraduate, Craig studied marriage and family relationships with an eye toward becoming a marriage therapist. That training, coupled with his extensive legal experience, gives Craig a different perspective on family law, and how to best serve his family-law clients.

While Craig’s career has taken him all over the country and state representing clients, he and his family have called Colorado Springs home since he graduated from law school. He is excited to be able to spend more of his professional time representing people in southern Colorado.

Craig has lived all over the United States, as well as living in Mexico and Canada.
His four kids keep him and his wife busy with soccer, music, and other activities.
In his free time, Craig loves to cook, read, and white-water raft whenever possible.
Craig speaks Spanish, though his accent has gotten worse since he left Mexico.

Washington University School of Law
J.D. (2007) | Law
Washington University School of Law Logo
Brigham Young University
B.S. (2002) | Marriage, Family, and Human Development
Brigham Young University Logo
Professional Experience
Managing Partner
Modern Family Law
- Current
Managing Attorney
Norton Frickey P.C.
Associate Attorney
Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP
Associate Attorney
The Carey Law Firm
Peer Reviewed
Martindale Hubbell
Professional Associations
State Bar of Colorado  # 39105
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Colorado Supreme Court
ID Number: 39105
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
Practice Areas
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Is a co-petitioner response considered if the stipulation was signed by both parties, approved and ordered by the court?
A: A Stipulation to Relocate Minor Children is a legal agreement between the parties that outlines the terms of the relocation and is signed by both parties before being presented to the court for approval.

Once the stipulation is signed by both parties and approved by the court, it becomes a court order, and the terms outlined in the stipulation are legally binding on both parties. In such cases, it is not common for a response to be filed contesting the stipulation since they agreed to its terms and it has been ordered by the court.

However, if the co-petitioner has filed a response contesting the stipulation despite previously agreeing to it, it is essential to consult with an attorney to understand the specific laws and rules that may apply to your situation. The Court has a couple of options available to it in this circumstance and how you proceed would require legal advice specific to your case. The attorney can advise you on how the court may view the response and whether it has any legal significance.

It's crucial to seek legal advice from a qualified attorney who can review the specific details of your case, provide accurate guidance, and represent your interests in court if necessary. Family law matters can be complex, and having the right legal representation can make a significant difference in protecting your rights and interests.
... Read More
Q. Is an unsigned Order any good?
A: This is a complicated question, and unfortunately not one that lends itself to an easy answer in this forum. I do see from your question, though, that you have an attorney representing you. Only reviewing the court's case file can tell you whether the order you are questioning is an order of the court.
Q. The father of my children is not giving child support. He made sure that me and the kids are out of the country.
A: I'm sorry to hear about the difficult situation you're facing. Not receiving child support can be challenging, especially when the other parent is not within the same country. While I can provide some general information, please keep in mind that I don’t know what jurisdiction you or your spouse are in. For specific legal advice tailored to your situation, it's essential to consult with a family law attorney in your jurisdiction.

In cases where the parent responsible for child support is not fulfilling their obligation, you may have legal options to pursue child support. Here are some steps you can consider:

1. Consult with a Family Law Attorney: Reach out to a family law attorney who is familiar with child support laws in your country. They can help you understand your rights and legal options for pursuing child support, even if the other parent is not in the same country.

2. Determine Jurisdiction: Determine the appropriate jurisdiction to file for child support. This could be the country where the other parent resides or the country where the children currently reside.

3. International Treaties and Reciprocity: Some countries have international treaties or agreements regarding child support enforcement. These agreements aim to facilitate the enforcement of child support orders across borders. Your attorney can guide you on whether such treaties apply in your case and how to proceed.

4. Government Child Support Services: Some countries have government agencies that provide child support enforcement services. Check if your country has such services and explore their options.

5. Seek Legal Enforcement: If you obtain a child support order in the appropriate jurisdiction, you can seek enforcement through legal means, which may include wage garnishment, property seizure, or other actions.

Keep in mind that international child support cases can be complex, and the enforcement of child support orders across borders may vary depending on the countries involved. An experienced family law attorney can provide you with personalized advice and guidance based on the specific laws and regulations in your country and the country where the other parent is located.

If you are concerned about the cost of hiring an attorney, some organizations or legal aid clinics might provide free or low-cost legal services to those who cannot afford private representation. Consider reaching out to such resources to explore your options.

Remember, the legal process may take time, so it's essential to start the process as soon as possible to secure the support your children deserve.
... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Craig Valentine Firm Website
Contact & Map
Modern Family Law
Colorado Springs Office
9362 Grand Cordera Parkway
Colorado Springs, CO 80924
Telephone: (719) 301-4549
Monday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 8 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: Closed
Sunday: Closed (Today)