Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Southern Methodist University
- B.A. / Political Science, minor: Sociology (1987)
- Focus on Russian Area Studies and Chinese Politics
- Honors: Dad's Club Scholarship - 2 years - One woman and one man selected each year by the SMU Dad's Club. Other Academic and leaderships scholarships.
- Activities: Studies in Spain, Presidents Council on the Status of Women, selected by the President of SMU to serve;
- Harvard University
- Management and Education
- SMU Dedman School of Law
- J.D. / Law (1990)
- Tulane University School of Law
- Elected as a Senator out of the First Year Law Class
- Activities: Elected as a Student Senator Served on the Finance Committee of the Student Senate at Tulane
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law
- Outstanding Young Lawyer of Dallas
- Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Luna Award - Rising Law Firm
- HSC Association of DFW
- Texas State Bar # 06984020
- - Current
- Elected as the County Clerk for Dallas County in Nov. 2004.
- Dallas County Clerk
- Activities: Ms. Figueroa oversaw the operations of all County Courts for the County of Dallas: Civil, Criminal, Probate, and Truancy. This elected office was also responsible for all real estate filngs in the County of Dallas (24 Cities). She brought in e-filing into the courts and transformed the real estate section into the most modern county operation in the country, with documents available to be viewed on line instantly, and at no cost to the public. This infusion of technology saved Dallas County millions of dollars. In postage alone, over $100,000 a year was saved, since real estate documents no longer had to be mailed back - they were scanned and handed back instantly to the filer. As the County Clerk, she also oversaw a large collections department, a trust department, investing several million dollars in funds, and she oversaw a staff of about 250 employees. She was responsible for operatons, contract negotiations, technology assessment and implementation, civil service and emplyment matters, RFP's, the management of consultants, and a budget and funds of over 20 million annually. She also served a constituancy of over 2 million citizens. Dallas County is one of the 10 largest counties in the United States. She returned to the practice of law in January of 2006.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- Free Consultation
Free 20 minute phone consultation.
- Credit Cards Accepted
The The Figueroa Law Firm, PLLC accepts credit card payment. A link can be sent to clients on their bills for payment with a credit card if the client would like to pay in that manner. The Firm also accepts credit card payment for retainer fees.
- Business Law
- Municipal Law
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Education Law
- Elder Law
- Estate Planning
- Employment Law
- Real Estate Law
Additional Practice Areas
- Restaurant Representation
- Lease Negotiation
Contact & Map