Dakota VanLeeuwen is a Resident Attorney at The Nice Law Firm’s Martinsville office. Dakota is from Chicago, Illinois and came to the Hoosier state ten years ago. She is a double Indiana University alumni graduating from IU with high honors and Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice and Psychology and then graduating IU Maurer School of Law with distinction.
Dakota was a police officer at Indiana University Police Department for five and a half years based out of Bloomington Indiana. While in law school, she participated in Trial Advocacy and the Sherman Minton Moot Court Competition, clerked at Greene County Prosecutor’s Office and the Indiana Attorney General’s Office within the DCS and Criminal Appellate Division. She became a certified domestic relations mediator and handled over 25 divorces, custody disputes, and parenting time arrangements.
Prior to joining the firm, Dakota worked at Marion County Prosecutor’s Office where she was a deputy prosecutor handling juvenile and adult cases from misdemeanor to major felony drug cases.
Dakota focuses her practice in the areas of Criminal Defense, Business Law, and General Civil Litigation. Dakota has a passion for providing legal services to Police, Military, Fire, and EMS. Dakota is also trained as a Domestic Relations Mediator.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law
- Indiana University - Indiana University-Bloomington
- The Nice Law Firm, LLP
- - Current
- Deputy Prosecutor
- Marion County Prosecutor’s Office
- Expungements, Martinsville, IN
- Morgan County Substance Abuse Council
- Local attorney Dakota Scheu of The Nice Law Firm will walk attendees through the process of record expungement in Indiana. Find out if you qualify and if so the steps to take to complete the process.
- 2020 Rising Star
- Super Lawyer
- - Current
- Free Consultation
For Expungements and Criminal Matters
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Business Law
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI