Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ALII Gold
- University of Minnesota Law School
- J.D. (2007) | Law
- Honors: summa cum laude Order of the Coif • Minnesota Law Review Vol. 35 & 36 Memorial Award for Outstanding Staff Writing • Minnesota Law Review Vol. 90 Award for Outstanding Performance in Managing Duties • 2006-2007 Sidney J. Kaplan Legal Scholarship Award for Outstanding Third Year Performance • Book Awards (highest grade): Contracts, Criminal Law, Property, Evidence • Best Oral Argument, First Year Legal Writing Section • Dean’s List with an A, 2004-2005, 2005-2006, 2006-2007 • Dean's Elite Scholar
- Activities: Minnesota Law Review, Managing Editor.
- Rice University
- B.A. | Music, Electrical Engineering
- Activities: Sprawl
- Dan Robinson, Attorney at Law
- - Current
- Dan spent twelve years practicing commercial litigation at large international law firms. He represented companies including some of the world’s largest corporations in Federal Court in jurisdictions around the United States, as well as in international arbitrations and the Federal Trade Commission. For example, he litigated cases for Samsung, Microsoft, Huawei, Ariba, MySpace, and others, arguing in courts in North Carolina, Illinois, California, Texas, and Washington D.C. At the same time, he maintained a robust pro bono practice focused on disability, special education, civil rights, and healthcare-related matters. Recently, Dan left the world of corporate litigation to pursue his passion for representing individuals who have been victimized by the government, companies and scam artists. His new practice focuses on disputes confronting those with special needs (special education, disability rights, benefits, discrimination) and those victimized by fraud or faulty services including construction defects and investment scams. Dan hopes to take the litigation skills he honed while representing international corporations and put them to use helping individuals who need them the most. His new firm, Dan Robinson Law, is based in Ventura County, California.
- Lombardi & Donohue
- Represents clients in commercial litigation involving real estate, transactions, partnerships and intellectual property. Dan works with clients to find creative and cost-effective resolutions to business disputes in and out of the courtroom.
- Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Represented clients including small businesses and major corporations in patent and trade secret litigation, international arbitration, and general commercial litigation. Among other achievements: o Achieved a major victory in an international trade secret arbitration, later confirmed in federal court, including an award for damages and a nationwide injunction prohibiting the respondent’s products from sale in the United States. Drafted the arbitration brief and examined and cross-examined fact and expert witnesses at the week-long arbitration hearing.
- Associate Attorney
- Covington & Burling LLP
- Represented companies in intellectual property litigation in federal court, the International Trade Commission, and the Federal Circuit. Among other achievements: o Represented a major telecommunications company in international arbitration to establish a royalty rate for a major portfolio of wireless patents, including examining and cross-examining key expert witnesses during the hearing. o Represented a leading smartphone maker in a patent infringement dispute in the Northern District of Illinois, briefing the motions that led to Judge Posner’s groundbreaking decision on patent damages. o Represented Samsung in multiple patent litigations involving wireless communication devices. Drafted winning summary judgment motions in resulting in dismissal of claims in favor of Samsung in two cases. o Represented pro bono clients in disability, civil rights and healthcare-related matters in federal court, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and state court, including a 4-day jury trial in federal district court culminating in a winning settlement at the eve of closing statements.
- Law Clerk to Hon. Virginia A. Phillips, U.S. District Court Judge
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Articles & Publications
- Thomas Lombardi and Dan Robinson, Intellectual Property Rights in Real Property: How to Avoid Paying Millions to Graffiti Artists
- Real Prop. L. J. (Vol. 37, Issue 2, 2019).
- Court of Appeal Further Limits Landlords' Defenses Against Fraud in Leasing
- Cal. Lawyers' Association Real Prop. L. News
- Fighting for My Son
- California Lawyer Magazine
- Embracing Equity: A New Remedy for Wrongful Health Insurance Denials
- Minnesota Law Review
- Intellectual Property Rights in Real Property: How to Avoid Paying Millions to Graffiti Artists, Continuing Legal Education course offered by the California Lawyer's Association
- California Lawyer's Association
- Selected for "Lawyers on the Fast Track"
- The Recorder
- Burton Award for Excellence in Legal Writing
- The Burton Awards
- Jerome H. Berenson Inn of the American Inns of Court
- - Current
- Ventura County Bar Association
- - Current
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- - Current
- Bar Association of San Francisco
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- 9th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
Please send me an email and I will send a link to schedule time for a 15-minute consultation.
I accept contingent fees on select cases, typically limited to special education, construction, and civil rights.
Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Call for details
- Business Law
- Business Contracts, Business Dissolution, Business Finance, Business Formation, Business Litigation, Franchising, Mergers & Acquisitions, Partnership & Shareholder Disputes
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Intellectual Property
- Education Law
- Civil Rights
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
- Construction Law
- Construction Contracts, Construction Defects, Construction Liens, Construction Litigation
- Trademark Litigation, Trademark Registration
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Communications & Internet Law
- Internet Law, Media & Advertising, Telecommunications Law
- Health Care Law
- English: Spoken, Written
Contact & Map