Daniel M. Cavanaugh has been a successful trial attorney for over 20 years. He grew up in West Springfield, Massachusetts and moved to Naples in 1997 where he started his legal career. He has been recognized for his trial skills as the recipient of multiple awards including Attorney of the Year at the State Attorneys Office in Fort Myers. Daniel M. Cavanaugh has received the highest possible rating by his peers by being rated AV Preeminent®.
Mr. Cavanaugh has recognized the need for alternatives to traditional punishment. In Vermont, he established a mental health diversion program and represented the state in Drug Treatment Court. He also authored an article on Criminal Justice Reform.
Mr. Cavanaugh prosecuted in Lee Cttiarticleounty (Special Victim’s Unit) and served as Chief Assistant State Attorney in Hendry and Glades counties. He was the Misdemeanor and Juvenile Chief in the Collier County State Attorney’s Office. As a prosecutor, Mr. Cavanaugh handled serious and high profile cases including being featured on the Dateline NBC “To Catch a Predator” series. He also sat on the hiring and death penalty committee.
He has trained prosecutors and law enforcement in both Florida and Vermont. Specifically, he was a part-time instructor at the Southwest Florida Public Service Academy and organized and presented quarterly trainings to a cross-section of law enforcement at inter-agency trainings in both states.
Personal Injury & Wrongful Death
Mr. Cavanaugh has spent many years successfully pursuing personal injury claims including Wrongful Death, Automobile and Motorcycle Accidents, Slip and Fall and those victimized by Sexual and Physical Abuse.
He has brought actions against individuals, corporations and governmental entities. He will work hard to settle cases short of litigation but welcomes the opportunity to fight in Court if insurance companies refuse to be reasonable.
- Springfield College
- B.S. | Psychology/Criminal Justice
- Honors: Apha Nu Omega
- Criminal Defense, Personal Injury and Immigration Attorney
- Hurtado Cavanaugh
- Chief Deputy
- Office of State Attorney, Vermont
- Acknowledging Victims is Just the Beginning
- The Times-Argus
- Criminal Justice Reform
- Character Evidence in Civil and Criminal Cases
- Collier County Bar Association, Adverse Witness
- numerous lectures to prosecutors and law enforcement, ask for a full listing
- “10 Best” Attorneys
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys™
- AV Preeminent®
- Martindale Hubbel
- Received the highest possible rating by his peers by being rated AV Preeminent®
- “Top Lawyer”
- Gulfshore Life Magazine
- Outstanding Community Advocacy for Abused and Neglected Children
- Governor Bush
- Recognized by Governor Jeb Bush and Florida Statewide Guardian ad Litem Program for Outstanding Community Advocacy for Abused and Neglected Children and the Guardian ad Litem Program, with five members of the Special Victim’s Unit of the State Attorney’s Office
- Attorney of the Year
- Office of the State Attorney, Twentieth Judicial Circuit
- Trial Team Award
- Office of the State Attorney
- Florida Justice Association
- - Current
- Florida State Bar # 128015
- - Current
- Collier County Bar Association
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
personal injury and wrongful death matters
- Criminal Law
- DUI & DWI
- Personal Injury
- English: Spoken, Written