Featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal, Most Influential Lawyers of 2014.
Named as one of the 2015 Trusted Advisors for the San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
Awarded as 2016 Top Attorneys of Southern California by Los Angeles Magazine.
Awarded 2016 Global Law Experts Award for Business Start-Up IP Law Firm in California.
Named 2016 Intellectual Property Practitioner of the Year by Acquisition International.
Named 2017 America’s Most Honored Professional by The American Registry.
Awarded multiple years of Super Lawyer recognition.
Named 2019 Best Law Firms by Best Lawyers of U.S. News and World Report.
Named 2019 Business Start-Up IP Law Firm of the Year in California by Corporate International Magazine Global Award.
Associations: Santa Monica Bar Association Board of Trustees and Past President; Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association; Federal Bar Association Board of Directors; Los Angeles Copyright Society; Association of Business Trial Lawyers; American Bar Association; Malibu La Costa Board of Directors; President of Malibu Winding Way Homeowners Association Board of Directors; Malibu MPC Nursery School Board of Directors; Younglife of Malibu Board of Directors; Malibu Presbyterian Elder; Phi Kappa Psi UCLA Chapter Advisor; 9th Circuit Judicial Conference Lawyer Representative 2014-2015; Central District Court of California Lawyer Representative 2014; President of SecureCase Co.; Member of the Lawyer Representatives’ Mediation Panel Selection Committee.
Areas of Practice: Specializing in patent, copyright, trademark clearance, filing, licensing and litigation matters for a wide variety of complex technologies. Expertise in startup ventures requiring patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition clearance, protection, enforcement, and licensing. Extensive experience in the high-tech, direct marketing, infomercial and multilevel marketing industries.
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
- University of California - Los Angeles
- B.S. | Systems Engineering
- Managing Partner
- Cislo & Thomas LLP
- - Current
- Pretty, Schroeder, Brueggemann & Clark of Los Angeles
- Surviving Patent Ineligibility Post-Alice for Software and E-Commerce Business-Related Inventions.
- California Business Law Practitioner
- “Venue Selection and the Rise of Super Patent Courts in the Post-AIA Era.”
- Texas Tech. Business and Bankruptcy Law Journal
- “Provisional Patent Strategy Under the Federal Trade Secrets Act.”
- San Francisco Daily Journal
- “Provisional patent applications in the post-AIA era.”
- Intellectual Property Magazine
- “Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements and How Definitions of ‘Affiliates’ or ‘Subsidiaries’ Can Make or Break Your Licensing Agreements.”
- Wolters Kluwer’s The Licensing Journal
- “Why Companies Outside the U.S. Should Consider the California Central District Court for their U.S. Intellectual Property Disputes.”
- Santa Clara High Technology Law Journal
- “Why International Inventors Might Want to Consider Filing Their First Patent Application at the United States Patent Office & the Convergence of Patent Harmonization and E-Commerce.”
- Santa Clara High Technology Law Journal
- “The California Central District Court: the New Hot Spot for International Intellectual Property Disputes.”
- Santa Clara High Tech Law Journal
- “Myriad Conflicts with Real World Molecular Biology.”
- Los Angeles Daily Journal
- Santa Monica Bar Association Board of Trustees and Past President
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association
- Federal Bar Association Board of Directors
- Los Angeles Copyright Society
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Malibu La Costa Board of Directors
- President of Malibu Winding Way Homeowners Association Board of Directors
- Malibu MPC Nursery School Board of Directors
- Younglife of Malibu Board of Directors
- Malibu Presbyterian Elder
- Phi Kappa Psi UCLA Chapter Advisor
- 9th Circuit Judicial Conference Lawyer Representative 2014-2015
- Central District Court of California Lawyer Representative 2014
- Member of the Lawyer Representatives’ Mediation Panel Selection Committee
- State Bar of California
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- Supreme Court of Illinois
- Indiana Supreme Court
- State Bar of Texas
- 9th Circuit
- Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Intellectual Property
- English: Spoken, Written