Since 2007 David Aylor has been building a thriving law practice in the Lowcountry & the Grand Strand of South Carolina, establishing a dynamic and experienced presence in the region. Local and national media outlets have routinely solicited his legal analysis and opinions.
In addition to succeeding as a criminal defense attorney and civil litigator, David is the acting Prosecutor for the City of Hanahan, SC. Prior to this appointment, he served as Assistant Solicitor in the Ninth Circuit Solicitor’s Office for Charleston County. David’s participation in the government sector provides him with a comprehensive view of how the law works on both sides of the courtroom. Being exposed to this unique perspective better equips David to ensure that his clients are treated fairly, giving him an advantage in the courtroom.
David also clerked for the SC Senate Judiciary Committee under Sen. Glenn McConnell, as well as clerking for US Magistrate Judge Robert S. Carr (ret.) and criminal attorney Andrew J. Savage, III here in Charleston.
- Voted Best Personal Injury Attorney and Best DUI Attorney in Charleston's Choice in 2018
- Selected as an “Elite Lawyer of the South” by the National Law Journal in 2017
- Voted “Best Law Firm/Lawyer in Charleston” by the readers of Charleston City Paper in 2015 & 2016
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale Hubbell
- Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2014 & 2015
- Honoree by the Leadership in Law Committee of SC Lawyers Weekly in 2015
- Voted “Top 10 Under 40: South Carolina” by the National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
College of Charleston, B.S., Political Science, 2002
University of South Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2006
U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
U.S. Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit
U.S. Supreme Court