Claimed Lawyer Profile
I was a Trial Attorney with the U. S. Department of Justice litigating criminal RICO cases. I also have substantial experience litigating civil RICO cases in private practice.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- J.D. (1979) | Law
- Activities: Maryland Law Forum; multiple legal internships
- Law Office of David J. Stander LLC
- - Current
- Law practice devoted mostly to representing Plaintiffs and Defendants in civil RICO litigation.
Articles & Publications
- “Why Don’t the District Courts Comply with the Supreme Court’s Liberal Construction of Civil RICO”?
- West’s November 2018 Civil RICO Report
- “Civil RICO Litigation 2018, A Plaintiff’s Guide Through the Maze,”
- ABA Business Torts and Civil RICO Journal, Winter 2018
- “Pattern of Racketeering” (Pt. II) - Circuit Split Exists on Measuring Duration Involving “Closed-Ended Continuity,”
- ABA Business Torts and Civil RICO Journal, Summer 2017
- “High Court Decision Leaves Questions: Will Circuit Courts Follow Salinas Now?”
- West’s July 2016 Civil RICO Report
- “Business Litigation 2016- Is There Room for Civil RICO?”
- 15 Hofstra J. Int’l & Bus. L. 1 (December 2015)
- “Update on Civil RICO Statute of Limitations; Are Circuits Moving Away from Strict Application of “Injury Discovery Rule?”
- ABA Business Torts and Civil RICO Journal, August 2015
- “Pattern of Racketeering” (Pt. I)- Would the Supreme Court Reverse the Majority of Circuits on “Closed-Ended Continuity”?
- ABA Business Torts and Civil RICO Journal, Winter 2016
- “Garden-Variety” Fraud Circa 2014”
- West’s December 2014 Civil RICO Report
- “Making Sense of Distinctness, A Circuit Split?”
- West’s February 2014 Civil RICO Report
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
I consult with clients, including law firms litigating civil RICO cases, without charge initially.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
- White Collar Crime
- Business Law
Additional Practice Area
Contact & Map