Mr. Price is a family law attorney and divorce mediator in California who provides experienced, intelligent and responsive representation for mediation clients in communities throughout Orange County from his firm, the Law & Mediation Offices of David L. Price.
For more than 45 years, Mr. Price has been counseling individuals as they pursue divorce or other family law litigation matters. For the past 30 years, however, more of his practice has been devoted to family law mediation, through which he provides couples with a cost-effective alternative to expensive litigation for resolving disputes over often complex matters such as parenting plans for couples with minor children, child and spousal support, and division of assets and liabilities.
Having served as both a private judge and a temporary judge in the Orange County Superior Court, Mr. Price wields particular insight into how divorce cases play out in court, and many of his clients are referred to him by other family law attorneys and former clients who acknowledge the extent of his experience and the effectiveness of his mediation techniques.
His firm is one of Southern California's most respected divorce mediation law firms, and he has been awarded Martindale-Hubbell's highest peer-reviewed rating of AV Preeminent.*
Mr. Price is a 1969 graduate of the Boalt Hall School of Law at the University of California at Berkeley. He has conducted numerous classes and seminars on a diverse array of family law subjects for California Continuing Education of the Bar, the Orange County Bar Association, and various other organizations.
- Whittier Coll
- Undergraduate Degree
- UC Berkeley School of Law Boalt Hall
- Law Degree
- Various Family Law and Mediation Subjects - 1975 - 1998, Orange County, Various Cities Throughout California
- California Continuing Education of the Bar, Orange County Bar Association
- I was a speaker over 30 times for various organizations.
- Family Law Specialist - 1980-1995
- California State Bar Association
- AV Rating - Preeminent Lawyer 1984 to Present
- Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- Super Lawyer of Orange County - 2004, 2006, 2008 - 2014
- Los Angeles Times
- Awarded for 2004, 2006, 2008 - 2014
- America’s Best Lawyers, Orange County Family Law, 1990-2013
- Woodward and White
- Award given every year between 1990 and 2013, at which time I devoted my practice solely to Family Law Mediation
- A Resolution adopted to thank Mr. Price for his contributions to Alternative Dispute Resolution in Orange County
- Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Mr. Price spearheaded the adoption of the California Dispute Resolution Act in Orange County.
- California State Bar # 47077
- - Current
- Orange County Bar Association
- Free Consultation
All potential mediation couples are offered a free consultation to determine if mediation is right for them.
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
I charge an hourly rate of $300 for mediation services, however some of the court document preparation is charged at a fixed fee basis.
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Family Law
- Family Law Mediation