Immigration Law and Federal Labor Law experience. Twenty years in the US Department of Justice. Trial Attorney, Assistant General Counsel, Chief Counsel (District Counsel). Last eleven years in the Department of Justice served as an Immigration Judge in Arizona.
Arizona county prosecuting attorney - Navaho County.
Arizona county defense attorney - Cochise County.
Infantry combat veteran before law school.
Served in the Regular Army, Army National Guard and Army Reserve.
Retired rank - Colonel.
- Arizona State University
- M.A. (2000)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- J.D. (1984) | Jurisprudence
- Deputy Legal Advocate
- Cochise County Office of the Legal Advocate
- - Current
- Trial attorney representing indigent defendents facing felony charges in Superior Court. Trial attorney representing indigent clients in dependency and delinquency cases in the Juvenile Court. Assigned to represent indigent defendants in criminal misdemeanor cases.
- Deputy County Attorney
- Navaho County Attorney Office
- Trial Attorney representing the State in felony prosecutions. Departed the position due to Army Reserve mobilization.
- Immigration Judge
- US Department of Justice, EOIR
- Administrative Judge with jurisdiction over a wide range of cases arising under the Immigration and Nationality Act, USC Title 8.
- District Counsel
- US Immigration and Naturalization Service, Phoenix District
- Chief legal counsel for US Immigration and Naturalization Service in the States of Arizona and Nevada. Supervised eight or more Trial Attorney representing the Service in Immigration Courts in both States. Provided liaison with US Attorneys in Immigration matters. Provided advice and oversight in Federal Labor Law proceedings for INS District Offices and two Border Patrol Sectors.
- State Bar of Arizona  # 015157
- Alabama State Bar Association
- State Bar of Arizona
- ID Number: 015157
- Juvenile Law
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
- Immigration Law
- Asylum, Citizenship, Deportation Defense, Family Visas, Green Cards, Immigration Appeals, Investment Visas, Marriage & Fiancé(e) Visas, Student Visas, Visitor Visas, Work Visas
- Employment Law
- Employee Benefits, Employment Contracts, Employment Discrimination, ERISA, Overtime & Unpaid Wages, Sexual Harassment, Whistleblower, Wrongful Termination
- Gov & Administrative Law
- Administrative Law, Election Law, Government Contracts, Government Finance, Legislative & Government Affairs
- Italian: Spoken, Written
- Spanish: Spoken, Written