Dean E. Sheldon III is committed to providing you with top notch legal service. We approach every client with a focus on integrity, advocacy, and understanding. We fight for you!
Dean E. Sheldon III received his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Dayton School of Law in 1986, graduating with honors in federal jurisdiction. He was admitted to the Ohio Bar and served as a law clerk for Hon. Judge Don J. Young, United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division.
In 1987, Dean joined the law firm of Nathan & Roberts in Toledo, Ohio as an associate attorney, specializing in bankruptcy and commercial litigation. During this time, he also worked as an attorney for Chapter 7 Trustee, H. Buswell Roberts, Jr. In 1990, Dean joined the firm of Donald D. Simmons, former Wood County Common Pleas Judge. Dean started his solo practice in 1991. In addition to bankruptcy, his practice included real estate, probate, juvenile, domestic relations, criminal, creditor's rights, landlord/tenant, personal injury, worker's compensation, social security and business law.
Drawn to the natural beauty of northern Michigan and wanting a healthy community for their two year old daughter, Dean and Sally Sheldon moved to Traverse City in 1997. Dean worked for a year as closing agent at Mid-American Title Company. He was admitted to the Michigan Bar in 1998. He started Good Harbor Mortgage Company in 2000. Dean is also admitted to practice in the U.S. District and Bankruptcy Courts of Michigan, Western Division. Dean is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys.
- Miami University of Ohio
- B.A. | English with emphasis on Professional Writing and Political Science
- Honors: Dean's List - 4 Semesters
- Activities: Editor - "Dimensions" Miami University's student magazine of the arts.
- University of Dayton
- J.D. | School of Law
- Honors: Graduated in top third of class, with honors in Federal Jurisdiction, July, 1986. Editor-in-Chief, EQUITABLE RELIEF, law student newspaper.
- Law Office of Dean E. Sheldon III
- - Current
- Licensed to practice law in Michigan. Inactive status in Ohio.
- Private Revitalization and Housing for the Poor
- Zoning and Planning Handbook, Clark Boardman Co., Ltd., New York, NY 10014.
- “Mitigating the Effects of Private Revitalization on Housing for the Poor,"
- 70 Marquette Law Review 1
- “Private Revitalization and Low-Income Housing,"
- Zoning and Planning Law Report, Vol. 9, no. 6, Clark Boardman, Co., Ltd., New York, NY 10014
- Honors in Federal Jurisdiction
- University of Dayton School of Law
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- - Current
- Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Antrim Bar Association
- - Current
- Activities: written articles for newsletter
- Free Consultation
Flat Fee for basic Chapter 7 Bankruptcy.
- Rates, Retainers and Additional Information
Payment plans available.
- Consumer Law
- English: Spoken, Written