Free Consultation: (863) 937-9100Tap to Call This Lawyer
Deborah Annette Carroll

Deborah Annette Carroll

Carroll Law Group and Building Families Adoption Agency
  • Family Law, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
  • Florida
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A

Deborah Carroll grew up in central Florida, raised her family in central Florida and committed her practice to her hometown area. She graduated in 1999 from University of South Florida with a B.A. in Business Management. In 2002, Ms. Carroll graduated from Stetson University with her MBA and Stetson University College of Law with her JD.

Following law school, Ms. Carroll worked as an Assistant Public Defender with the 10th Judicial Circuit in Bartow, Florida, with both felony and misdemeanor cases. In 2005, Ms. Carroll went into private practice with a well known law firm in Lakeland, FL handling both criminal defense cases, family law cases and adoption cases. She opened her own law firm in 2010 and concentrates her areas of practice in adoption, family law and criminal defense. Ms. Carroll is an experienced trial attorney in both family court and criminal court. She is known to be an aggressive advocate for her clients.

Stetson University College of Law
Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor
Placeholder image for education.
Stetson University
MBA (2002) | Business Management
Stetson University Logo
University of South Florida
B.A. (1999) | Business Management
University of South Florida Logo
Polk State College
A.A. (1997) | Business
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Building Families Adoption Agency
- Current
Attorney/Managing Member
Carroll Law Group, PL
- Current
Harbsmeier DeZayas LLP
Office of the Public Defender 10th Judicial Circuit
Professional Associations
Polk Association of Women Laywers
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida Adoption Council
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Family Law Section of the Florida Bar
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Polk County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Florida State Bar  # 626732
- Current
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Keiser University Advisory Board
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
    Visa, Mastercard, Discover
Practice Areas
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Criminal Defense, Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Additional Practice Area
  • Adoptions
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I would like to adopt my first cousin’s daughter (my second cousin) who I have guardianship of. Is this possible?
A: Yes, it is possible. However, this would be a non-family adoption because it is outside of 3 bloodlines to the child that is to be adopted. Please consult with an adoption attorney experienced in non-family adoptions.
Q. do i have any chance of getting custody?
A: If you haven't established paternity (assuming you are not married to your child's mother), you will need to file a petition to establish paternity, custody, timesharing and child support. After finding you to be the legal father, the Court will determine what is in the best interest of the child regarding timesharing. Be sure to contact a family law attorney to discuss the specifics of your case.
Q. How do I get a divorce if my Spouse will not agree to it? No Property or children. Haven't been together in 4 years.
A: A divorce may still be obtained in Florida without the consent of your spouse. It will be a contested dissolution without an agreement. There are two requirements for the party who is the initial petitioner: 1. You must have been a resident of the state of Florida for 6 months prior to filing for dissolution of marriage, and 2. you must be willing to swear under oath that the marrige is irretrievably broken. If the other party doesn't agree that the marriage is irretrievably broken, the judge may inquire to see if the parties feel counseling could help. If the parties respond that counseling could be beneficial, the judge has the option of tabling the dissolution and ordering the parties to counseling for a period of 90 days. However, it is quite customary that if the petitioning party doesn't feel counseling would help, the judge has the option of granting the dissolution anyway. ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Contact & Map
2920 Winter Lake Rd
Lakeland, FL 33803
Telephone: (863) 937-9100