Claimed Lawyer Profile
- Pace Law School
- Honors: Publication: The End of an Evolution: From Air France v. Saks to Olympic Airways v. Husain- The Term Accident Under Article 17 of The Warsaw Convention Has Come Full Circle, 16 PACE INTL L. REV. 409 (Fall 2004). Cum Laude Graduate
- Activities: PACE INTERNATIONAL LAW REVIEW; Associate Member 2003-2004; Research and Writing Editor 2004-2005; Research Assistant for Torts and Professional Responsibility Professor, Gary Munneke, 2003- 2004
- St. Thomas Aquinas College
- B.A. | Philosophy
- Honors: Dean’s List, all semesters. Summa Cum Laude Graduate
- Piekarsky & Associates, LLC
- - Current
- Handle general litigation, professional malpractice, business law, personal injury, worker’s compensation, guardianship, collection, and estate planning and litigation.
- The Epstein Law Firm
- Member of trial team that successfully prosecuted civil litigation matters, including personal injury, wrongful death, medical malpractice, professional malpractice, breach of contract, sexual harassment and estate claims. Attended court proceedings, mediations and arbitrations. Argued motions. Drafted and responded to discovery, pleadings and motions. Analyzed discovery. Conducted legal research and wrote legal memoranda and briefs. Took and defended depositions. Screened potential clients via telephone and consultations. Met with and counseled clients to develop trial strategy based on clients’ needs. Settled sexual harassment, breach of contract and estate cases. Successfully litigated two bench trials. Managed workers’ compensation cases for petitioners.
- The Law Offices of Floyd G. Cottrell
- Actively managed insurance defense cases, including automobile personal injury, premises liability, PIP subrogation, property damage and property damage subrogation claims. Performed all tasks related to the management of cases, including drafting and responding to pleadings, discovery and motions, analyzing medical records, conducting legal research, attending site inspections, providing case analysis and recommendations to clients, conducting interviews with insureds, taking and defending depositions, attending court proceedings, mediations and arbitrations, arguing motions, settling cases, and performing other organizational duties necessary for trial preparation.
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Brian R. Martinotti, J.S.C.
- The Superior Court of New Jersey
- Reviewed and analyzed pre/post-judgment family motions and various civil motions. Conducted research and made recommendations regarding motion relief in accordance with relevant procedural, substantive, and statutory laws. Scheduled motion calendar. Drafted Orders. Assisted the Judge on the bench with motions, case management conferences, status conferences and review hearings. Researched and prepared memoranda of law during trials. Drafted opinions and findings of fact. Acted as a liaison between the attorneys and the court. Served as a court-appointed mediator to the Special Civil Part dealing with small claims and landlord/tenant cases.
- Bergen County Bar Association
- - Current
- Justice Morris Pashman American Inn of Court
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- New Jersey
- New York
- Insurance Defense
Contact & Map