Free Consultation: (951) 776-6659Tap to Call This Lawyer
Profile Image Placeholder

Edgar Diaz

  • Personal Injury, Family Law, Divorce ...
  • California
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
9th Circuit
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Social Security Disability
Criminal Law
Criminal Appeals, Drug Crimes, Expungement, Fraud, Gun Crimes, Internet Crimes, Sex Crimes, Theft, Violent Crimes
Insurance Claims
Bad Faith Insurance, Business Insurance, Disability Insurance, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Motor Vehicle Insurance, Property Insurance
Nursing Home Abuse
Workers' Compensation
Traffic Tickets
Suspended License
  • Spanish: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I don't have money to pay for an attorney to handle my divorce. Do I have to do it myself? This is a terrifying thought!
A: If you're spouse has money then the court can order him/her to pay for your fees and costs, including attorney's fees. If neither you or your spouse have any money, then you can go to a self help center at court and ask for free help and a fee waiver. They are not lawyers, they will only help you fill out the forms, and normally there are a lot of people waiting in line. If your spouse has money, an attorney MAY file the paperwork with a fee waiver and ask the court to have your spouse pay your attorney's fees.
Q. i live im calif amd have beem legaly married for 14 years but o i lived with him for 1,am i emtitle to amythimg
A: It depends what the date of separation was, or if there is a date of separation. Date of Separation is a specific definition whereby both parties exhibit an intent to divorce, and do not intend to continue with the marriage. Any property acquired during marriage is community property. Marriage is from the date of marriage to the date of separation.
Q. I inheirited a home, lived in it, sold it,with the proceeds bought a new home, is it community property?
A: the home you inherited was your separate property. When you converted that home to money, and used YOUR money to buy a home during marriage, then he has a claim that the home is community property, absent written agreement to the contrary. If you wanted to keep it separate, you could of made him sign a post nuptial agreement. If you are thinking about a divorce, then you should hire an attorney and get advice in person. I would need more facts to give you a clear answer.

Don't rely on this as legal advice, it is only to be used for informational purposes. I am not your attorney and this does not create an attorney-client relationship. Hire an attorney and speak with him/her in person. ... Read More
View More Answers
Contact & Map
27780 Jefferson Avenue
Temecula, CA 92590
Telephone: (951) 776-6659