Edward Chris L'Hommedieu

Edward Chris L'Hommedieu

  • Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Social Security Disability ...
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&A
University of Maine - School of Law
J.D. (1995) | Law
Honors: Winner, Jessup Moot Court competition - best oralist against 67 other top law schools.
Activities: Founder, Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity.
Placeholder image for education.
Ithaca College
B.A. (1992) | French, German
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Placeholder image for education.
United States Coast Guard Academy
Government Administration
Placeholder image for education.
Best Oralist
Jessup Moot Court Competition
Awarded Best Oralist over 67 other competitors from top law schools.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
Practice Areas
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Social Security Disability
Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
  • French: Spoken, Written
  • German: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. Ex can no longer pick up our child during one of the court appointed visits. Do I have to give him a new day and time?
A: Simple answer - the Court Order controls.

That said, my #1 rule in family cases is "be nice". If you can accommodate a different schedule it is the moral thing to do. If the other party is being entirely unreasonable, then you don't have any obligation to accommodate them.

Just ask yourself this: "If I was in their shoes, what would I hope for, and is it reasonable?"... and think about the child. What do they want?

There's a lot at stake here - a child that needs both parents.

Q. When filing for child support in the state of Maine does the court count the income of the spouse who is not the parent?
A: Very very very rarely. In 20 years, I've never seen it apply. They would literally have to be wildly rich.
Q. if I go with somebody and else and my parents call the police on me do they have to take me back home to my parents?
A: That depends on your age and maturity.

If you are 10, then yes, police will apply pressure for you to go home. And they'll call DHHS.

If you are 17, different story.

You can apply for emancipation and the court will give you a court-appointed lawyer assuming you have no assets.

Sorry you're going through this...
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
L'Hommedieu Law Office, P.A.
Contact & Map
Chris L'Hommedieu
190 Bates Street
Lewiston, ME 04240