Mr. Goebel concentrates his practice in the fields of Intellectual Property Law, licensing and business contract and related litigation, as well as mediation.
Mr. Goebel files and prosecutes patent and trademark applications and files applications for copyright registrations. He also conducts patent, trademark and copyright validity and infringement studies, and brings and defends actions with respect to the enforcement of patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
He has written, analyzed and negotiated U.S. and international contracts and licenses, including franchise agreements, relating to intellectual property, technology and business matters.
In the course of his practice, Mr. Goebel has participated in various types of ADR including arbitration and mediation. He has completed the 40 hour Federal Mediation Training Course to qualify as a mediator for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Georgetown University Law Center
- University of Detroit - Detroit, Michigan
- MacDonald, Illig, Jones & Britton
- Breakfast with the Attorneys
- Erie Techonology Incubator
- Mediator for the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Completed the 40 hour Federal Mediation Training Course
- Pennsylvania State Bar
- United States Patent & Trademark Office
- 3rd Circuit
- Court of Common Pleas of Erie County
- Federal Circuit
- Pennsylvania Superior Court
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of PA
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Law
- Health Care Law
- Intellectual Property
- Edward W. Goebel's Website Profile
- MacDonald, Illig, Jones & Britton Website
- MacDonald Illig Publications