Free Consultation: (865) 304-4374Tap to Call This Lawyer
Elliott J. Schuchardt

Elliott J. Schuchardt

Proudly serving Knoxville, Tennessee -- 28 years experience
  • Bankruptcy, Family Law, Civil Rights ...
  • Pennsylvania, Tennessee
Claimed Lawyer ProfileQ&ASocial Media

Elliott Schuchardt has more than 20 years of experience providing legal services to a variety of clients. He currently practices in the areas of civil litigation, bankruptcy, divorce, custody, and corporate law.

Mr. Schuchardt received his law degree from Columbia Law School in 1993 and his BA degree from Cornell University in 1989. He also spent a year studying at Oxford University in Oxford, England, as a visiting student. Before moving to Knoxville, Tennessee, Mr. Schuchardt practiced law with several large law firms in New York, Philadelphia, and Washington, DC.

Mr. Schuchardt is admitted to practice in the states of Tennessee and Pennsylvania.

Columbia Law School
J.D. (1993) | Law
Honors: Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Activities: Managing Editor, Columbia Journal of Law & Social Problems Member of "Law Revue" annual entertainment show.
Columbia Law School Logo
Cornell University
B.A. (1989) | Government
Honors: Dean's List; Degree awarded with Distinction.
Activities: Parliamentary Debate. Glee Club.
Cornell University Logo
University of Oxford
Politics, Philosophy & Economics
Activities: Oxford Union Society
Placeholder image for education.
Professional Experience
Schuchardt Law Firm
- Current
Owner and Attorney at the Schuchardt Law Firm.
Rothman Gordon
Corporate associate. Responsible for drafting documents for corporate transactions.
Corporate Assocate
Corporate associate. Responsible for drafting documents for large corporate transactions.
Bankruptcy Associate
Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison
Bankruptcy associate. Responsible for drafting pleadings for large corporate bankruptcy cases, pending in the United States federal courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Articles & Publications
"Walking a Thin Line: Distinguishing Between Research & Medical Practice During Operation Desert Storm"
Columbia Journal of Law & Social Problems
British House of Lords
Invited by the staff of a member of the British House of Lords to speak at a forum on government surveillance.
Sweet Briar College
Recognized by Sweet Briar College as playing a material role in keeping the college open.
Managing Editor
Columbia Law School
Managing Editor of the Columbia Journal of Law & Social Problems.
Professional Associations
State Bar of Tennessee  # 027016
Placeholder image for professional associations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
ID Number: 78911
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee
ID Number: 027016
Placeholder image for jurisdictions.
  • Free Consultation
  • Credit Cards Accepted
  • Contingent Fees
    The Schuchardt Law Firm accepts contingent fees for certain types of litigation. Typically, these cases tend to be for automobile accidents or personal injury. We will occasionally handle a business dispute for a contingent fee.
Practice Areas
Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Debt Relief
Family Law
Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
Civil Rights
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Discrimination, Employment, Fair Housing, Police Misconduct, Privacy Law
Personal Injury
Animal & Dog Bites, Brain Injury, Car Accidents, Construction Accidents, Motorcycle Accidents, Premises Liability, Truck Accidents, Wrongful Death
Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
  • English: Spoken, Written
Legal Answers
Q. I put my boyfriend at the time on my daughters birth certificate, however, he is not her father. What do I do...
A: You raise a very good question. The legal effect of putting your boyfriend on your daughter's birth certificate will depend on the law of your particular state. In some states, it is possible that doing so will create a presumption that your boyfriend is your child's father. This could be helpful if you ever wanted to collect child support from your current boyfriend -- even he is not your daughter's father! However, it sounds like you would like to remove him from the birth certificate, which is probably the right thing to do. I would recommend contacting your county health department, and see how you can amend the birth certificate. There should be a procedure for legally doing so, to correct mistakes. They will point you in the right direction. Good luck! ... Read More
View More Answers
Websites & Blogs
Schuchardt Law Firm
Contact & Map
Schuchardt Law Firm
6223 Highland Place Way
Suite 201
Knoxville, TN 37919
Telephone: (865) 304-4374
Fax: (703) 232-1044
Monday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Tuesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Wednesday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Thursday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Friday: 9 AM - 5 PM
Saturday: 9 AM - 1 PM (Today)
Sunday: Closed