Emily Malarkey has been with the firm her entire legal career, starting the fall of 2006 after completing an appellate judicial clerkship for the Honorable Sally D. Adkins on the Court of Special Appeals of Maryland.
Ms. Malarkey has developed a busy practice in the areas of medical negligence, wrongful death, and other catastrophic injury. She has extensive jury trial experience, including four cases with favorable verdicts in excess of $1 million. She has represented clients in numerous appeals that have gone on to create published law, and has been named a Rising Star in every edition of Maryland Super Lawyers since 2010.
Ms. Malarkey currently is the Treasurer of the Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ), the trial lawyers’ organization of the State of Maryland. In addition to regularly appearing as an educational speaker on behalf of MAJ, Ms. Malarkey is the co-chair of the Medical Negligence Section, and regularly testifies in Annapolis in support of MAJ’s efforts to pass civil justice legislation and oppose legislation that is contrary to the goals of the civil justice system.
Ms. Malarkey graduated with honors from the University of Maryland School of Law, where she competed as a member of the nationally-ranked National Trial Team. Upon graduation, she was inducted into the Order of the Barristers, a selective organization recognizing achievement in oral and written advocacy.
Ms. Malarkey is admitted to practice in all Maryland and D.C. federal and state courts, as well as the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- J.D. (2005)
- Honors: With Honor
- University of Maryland - College Park
- B.A. (2002)
- Bekman, Marder & Adkins, LLC
- - Current
- Technology In The Courtroom, Effective Advocacy In Employment Cases
- Maryland Super Lawyers Rising Star
- Super Lawyers
- Baltimore City Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Maryland Association for Justice (MAJ)
- Maryland State Bar Association
- - Current
- District of Columbia
- District of Columbia Bar
- 4th Circuit
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Emily C. Malarkey's Website Profile
- Bekman, Marder & Adkins, LLC Website
- Maryland Injury Law Blog