Emily E. Scott
- Arbitration & Mediation, Divorce, Domestic Violence ...
Emily is a determined and fierce advocate for her clients. At the same time her welcoming smile and friendly personality will put you at ease when discussing your legal problem. Emily has spent the last 12 years representing clients in real estate, eviction and installment sales contract cases. Whether it is negotiating a settlement or taking a case to court, Emily’s experience allows her to get results for her clients.
Emily has an Urban and Regional Planning degree from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign and a law degree from Southern Illinois University. While in law school, she worked for Land of Lincoln Legal Assistance Foundation and was hired as a staff attorney there after graduation.
While at Land of Lincoln, Emily represented hundreds of clients and was promoted to senior staff attorney. She was in-charge of Land of Lincoln’s Housing Task Force, which is responsible for insuring all of the housing attorneys (covering 65 Illinois counties) are aware of current housing law and for providing guidance and support for those attorneys.
Emily served on the Board of Directors for St. Clair County’s Homeless Action Council (HAC) for more than 10 years. In this role, she organized the first Project Homeless Connect in St. Clair County. This annual event allows homeless people in St. Clair County to have access to help offered by a variety of social service agencies in one place rather than having to travel to the individual offices of those agencies.
Emily was a volunteer for Girls Club in East St. Louis for 10 years. As the Girls Club Coordinator, she served as a role model for young underprivileged girls and organized events to allow them to experience life outside of the housing projects of East St. Louis.
- Southern Illinois University - Carbondale
- J.D. (2006) | Law
- Activities: Equal Justice Works, Environmental Law Society
- University of Illinois - Urbana-Champaign
- B.A. (2003) | Urban and Regional Planning
- 40-Hour Civil and Divorce Mediation Training
- Marta Papa, J.D.
- State Bar of Illinois  # 6290716
- CREW - Commercial Real Estate Women
- - Current
- St. Clair County Bar Association
- - Current
- East St. Louis Bar Association
- - Current
- Free Consultation
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Business Arbitration, Consumer Arbitration, Family Arbitration
- Collaborative Law, Contested Divorce, Military Divorce, Property Division, Same Sex Divorce, Spousal Support & Alimony, Uncontested Divorce
- Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders, Victims Rights , Victims Rights
- Estate Planning
- Guardianship & Conservatorship Estate Administration, Health Care Directives, Trusts, Wills
- Family Law
- Adoption, Child Custody, Child Support, Father's Rights, Guardianship & Conservatorship, Paternity, Prenups & Marital Agreements, Restraining Orders, Same Sex Family Law
- Landlord Tenant
- Evictions, Housing Discrimination, Landlord Rights, Rent Control, Tenants' Rights
- Probate Administration, Probate Litigation, Will Contests
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Real Estate, Condominiums, Easements, Eminent Domain, Homeowners Association, Land Use & Zoning, Mortgages, Neighbor Disputes, Residential Real Estate, Water Law
- Traffic Tickets
- Suspended License
- English: Spoken, Written