Mr. Schaefer is a seasoned trial attorney practicing internet, copyright, domain name, social media, copyright, trademark, consumer class action and mass tort law on a global basis. Mr. Schaefer has significant experience in internet and technology company representation, having been named President and General Counsel of an internet start-up company in Boulder, Colorado. Mr. Schaefer has been retained on domain valuation issues in divorces, business asset valuation and other matters, having developed domain name valuation methodologies for use by courts, judges and juries. Mr. Schaefer understands the issues facing technology companies and brick-and-mortar companies with technology and internet issues. He is a software developer and technologist. Mr. Schaefer represents domain name registries, registrars, internet service providers, web hosting companies, social media influencers, brand owners, web developers, e-commerce providers, affiliate marketers and many others in the technology space across a wide range of issues.
- Michigan State University
- J.D. (1990) | Law
- Honors: Graduated first in class. Won more academic awards than anyone in school history.
- Albion College
- B.A. (1986) | Political Science
- Founding Attorney
- Traverse Legal, PLC
- - Current
- Changing the Way Law is Practiced. In 2004, Traverse Legal was a start-up. We created brand new business models for law that is now used by some to the biggest law firms in the country. We invented and incorporated technology into our process and client relations, which are still innovative and unique. We have represented clients of all types in connection with technology, Internet law, Intellectual Property and business matters. We can help you.As a niche law firm with controlled overhead and specialized practice areas, we can provide more cost-effective, knowledgeable and strategic representation than the large law firms we go up against every day. Our clients are based in over 25 different countries around the globe. There is a reason why some of the largest and most successful companies in the world select Traverse Legal to handle matters within our areas of experience.
- Building New Business Models of Law, Internet Law Leadership Conference 2016, Las Vegas, NV
- Internet Law Leadership Summit
- Michigan JD- Mich does not provide certifications for IP lawyers
- Michigna State Bar
- American Jurisprudence- Civil Procedure
- American Jurisprudence
- Also won in a variety of other course from Constitutional Law to Contracts.
- Michigan State Bar # 43506
- Credit Cards Accepted
- Contingent Fees
Flat fee and alternative fee arrangements welcome.
- Business Law
- Communications & Internet Law
- Intellectual Property
- International Law
- Constitutional Law
- Social Media & Influencer
- English: Spoken, Written
- Copyright Law
- Cybersquatting & Domain Name Disputes
- Internet Law Blog
- Trademark Law Blog
Michigan Entrepreneur TV - Interview of Intellectual Property Attorney Enrico Schaefer Part (2)Michigan Entrepreneur TV - Interview of Intellectual Property Attorney Enrico Schaefer Part (1)
Michigan Entrepreneur TV - Interview of Intellectual Property Attorney Enrico Schaefer Part (1)Michigan Entrepreneur TV - Interview of Intellectual Property Attorney Enrico Schaefer Part (1)
Michigan Entrepreneur TV - Interview of Intellectual Property Attorney Enrico Schaefer Part (3)